ST. FRANCIS, WI -- People struggling with chronic health issues can learn ways to cope with these challenges and improve their quality of life through an upcoming workshop: Living Well with Chronic Conditions. The workshop empowers those living with conditions like arthritis, heart problems, asthma, stroke, pain, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, diabetes, obesity, emphysema, and cancer and allows them make the best of their situation through:
Dealing with anger, depression, and other emotions
Goal setting and problem solving
Improving nutrition and developing a suitable exercise program
Breathing exercises and managing stress
Communicating with family, friends, and health care professionals
The workshop meets for 2 ½ hours, once a week, for six weeks. Attendees are requested to attend all six classes to receive maximum benefit. The workshop, which will be hosted by Howard Village Senior Community, 2500 E. Howard Ave., St. Francis, will be held on Tuesdays, September 7th – October12th from 1:30 – 4:00 pm. The cost is $10 for all six sessions.
This workshop, created at Stanford University, is designed for people who have one or more chronic conditions. Marcia Isherwood, RN, Aurora Parish Nurse, will facilitate the workshops.
Registration by September 2nd is required as class size is limited. Please call
414-489-1400 to register or to obtain more information.
Howard Village is a Laureate Group independent and assisted living senior community that offers older adults an active, worry-free lifestyle. At Howard Village you have a choice of studio, one and two bedroom apartments along with many conveniences
to make life easier. No endowment fees. www.laureategroup.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Oak Creek Library Make and Take Craft Program Saturday March 7
- Skip Jones ~Songs from Grandpa’s River
- Cinderella at the Avalon: A Cudahy Family Library Benefit
- Movie Time: Big Hero 6
- Bunny Plans Special Stop at Pulaski Pavilion
- Zymbiotics Fine Natrually Fermented Foods now Available at Malicki's Piggly Wiggly on Rawson and at the Outpost Co-op
- 2nd Saturday Wisconsin
- #1 Show Cats in the World live right here in Milwaukee
- Inspired by Love of Their Country, Local Contractor Gifts Veteran Family New Furnace to Help Them through Harsh Winter
- Lenten Concert & Fish Fry