ST. FRANCIS, WI -- People struggling with chronic health issues can learn ways to cope with these challenges and improve their quality of life through an upcoming workshop: Living Well with Chronic Conditions. The workshop empowers those living with conditions like arthritis, heart problems, asthma, stroke, pain, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, diabetes, obesity, emphysema, and cancer and allows them make the best of their situation through:
Dealing with anger, depression, and other emotions
Goal setting and problem solving
Improving nutrition and developing a suitable exercise program
Breathing exercises and managing stress
Communicating with family, friends, and health care professionals
The workshop meets for 2 ½ hours, once a week, for six weeks. Attendees are requested to attend all six classes to receive maximum benefit. The workshop, which will be hosted by Howard Village Senior Community, 2500 E. Howard Ave., St. Francis, will be held on Tuesdays, September 7th – October12th from 1:30 – 4:00 pm. The cost is $10 for all six sessions.
This workshop, created at Stanford University, is designed for people who have one or more chronic conditions. Marcia Isherwood, RN, Aurora Parish Nurse, will facilitate the workshops.
Registration by September 2nd is required as class size is limited. Please call
414-489-1400 to register or to obtain more information.
Howard Village is a Laureate Group independent and assisted living senior community that offers older adults an active, worry-free lifestyle. At Howard Village you have a choice of studio, one and two bedroom apartments along with many conveniences
to make life easier. No endowment fees. www.laureategroup.com.
- HamBINGO Thursday June 2 to Benefit Second Hand Purrs
- County Offers Free Chess Camps
- World Wide Knit in Public Day Celebration at Cudahy Family Library
- St. Francis Resident Receives Alverno College Degree
- "Click It or Ticket"
- "Click it or Ticket It" Campaign
- Four-Year-Old Kindergarten Registration
- Eat at Transfer Pizzeria May 9-23 to benefit Second Hand Purrs
- Holly and Joey Baird of the Wisconsin Vegetable Gardener at the Cudahy Family Library in June
- Vendor Fair and Bake Sale Sunday May 22