ST. FRANCIS, WI -- People struggling with chronic health issues can learn ways to cope with these challenges and improve their quality of life through an upcoming workshop: Living Well with Chronic Conditions. The workshop empowers those living with conditions like arthritis, heart problems, asthma, stroke, pain, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, diabetes, obesity, emphysema, and cancer and allows them make the best of their situation through:
Dealing with anger, depression, and other emotions
Goal setting and problem solving
Improving nutrition and developing a suitable exercise program
Breathing exercises and managing stress
Communicating with family, friends, and health care professionals
The workshop meets for 2 ½ hours, once a week, for six weeks. Attendees are requested to attend all six classes to receive maximum benefit. The workshop, which will be hosted by Howard Village Senior Community, 2500 E. Howard Ave., St. Francis, will be held on Tuesdays, September 7th – October12th from 1:30 – 4:00 pm. The cost is $10 for all six sessions.
This workshop, created at Stanford University, is designed for people who have one or more chronic conditions. Marcia Isherwood, RN, Aurora Parish Nurse, will facilitate the workshops.
Registration by September 2nd is required as class size is limited. Please call
414-489-1400 to register or to obtain more information.
Howard Village is a Laureate Group independent and assisted living senior community that offers older adults an active, worry-free lifestyle. At Howard Village you have a choice of studio, one and two bedroom apartments along with many conveniences
to make life easier. No endowment fees. www.laureategroup.com.
- Kitten Baby Shower Saturday May 7 at Second Hand Purrs
- South Milwaukee Little League Opening Day
- Sister Edna’s Jewelry Gets Shiny New Look
- R.A. Smith National Named 2016 Top Workplace by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
- Go Green, Gold and Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness
- Becky’s Blissful Bakery Enters Partnerships to Create Cutting-Edge Caramel Pairings; First of its Kind in the Caramel Industry
- Mass for Anointing of the Sick
- UW-Parkside Adult Learner Open House April 26
- Spring Estate and Rummage Sale at St. Ann Center
- South Milwaukee Performing Arts Center Announces Summer Youth Theatre Willy Wonka KIDS and Alice in Wonderland, JR.