By Jim Klauder
Kirk Severson, a senior at South Milwaukee High School in 2010-2011, has been selected to participate in the Economics for Leaders program being conducted at the University of Minnesota, Minneapolis from July 11-18, 2010. Kirk is one of 32 students from around the country who is honored by being accepted into the Foundation for Teaching Economics' Minneapolis Economics for Leaders program and received a full scholarship to attend. All of the students have been selected because they have demonstrated excellent leadership potential.
During the week-long Economics for Leaders program, students attain an understanding of economic reasoning principles and how to employ these concepts for successful and effective leadership. Additionally, participants achieve a heightened awareness of the impact their decisions have on others and the responsibility that awareness imposes. Economics for Leaders is an unparalleled learning and growing opportunity. Kirk plans to utilize this experience in his role as President of the high school’s Student Senate as well as in his future studies. Students who have attended Economics for Leaders programs in prior years have called it "the experience of a lifetime."
- Liturgical Musicians Honor Sister Mary Jane Wagner
- Wauwatosa Artist Featured at Racine Gallery
- Join the Fight Against Cancer! Register for the Relay For Life of the Southern Eight!
- Governor Walker Invests in Cudahy for Fab Lab Equipment
- Kitten Baby Shower Saturday May 7 at Second Hand Purrs
- South Milwaukee Little League Opening Day
- Sister Edna’s Jewelry Gets Shiny New Look
- R.A. Smith National Named 2016 Top Workplace by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
- Go Green, Gold and Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness
- Becky’s Blissful Bakery Enters Partnerships to Create Cutting-Edge Caramel Pairings; First of its Kind in the Caramel Industry