By Jim Klauder
Kirk Severson, a senior at South Milwaukee High School in 2010-2011, has been selected to participate in the Economics for Leaders program being conducted at the University of Minnesota, Minneapolis from July 11-18, 2010. Kirk is one of 32 students from around the country who is honored by being accepted into the Foundation for Teaching Economics' Minneapolis Economics for Leaders program and received a full scholarship to attend. All of the students have been selected because they have demonstrated excellent leadership potential.
During the week-long Economics for Leaders program, students attain an understanding of economic reasoning principles and how to employ these concepts for successful and effective leadership. Additionally, participants achieve a heightened awareness of the impact their decisions have on others and the responsibility that awareness imposes. Economics for Leaders is an unparalleled learning and growing opportunity. Kirk plans to utilize this experience in his role as President of the high school’s Student Senate as well as in his future studies. Students who have attended Economics for Leaders programs in prior years have called it "the experience of a lifetime."
- St Francis School District Rummage Sale
- South Milwaukee Performing Arts Center Presents: The Donny McCaslin Group- Musicians on David Bowie's Blackstar
- Book Release Party at Cudahy Family Library
- Bay View Historical Society Annual Walk on August 6th
- St. Ann Center Gala Promises An Uplifting Experience
- Free Cholesterol Screenings at St. Ann Center
- Oak Creek resident elected to Girl Scout Board
- Dan Bantz, butterfly collector, will be at the Cudahy Family Library in August
- Bargain Book Sale at Cudahy Family Library
- First Annual Taste of the Gateway: Wednesday, July 20