By Jim Klauder
Kirk Severson, a senior at South Milwaukee High School in 2010-2011, has been selected to participate in the Economics for Leaders program being conducted at the University of Minnesota, Minneapolis from July 11-18, 2010. Kirk is one of 32 students from around the country who is honored by being accepted into the Foundation for Teaching Economics' Minneapolis Economics for Leaders program and received a full scholarship to attend. All of the students have been selected because they have demonstrated excellent leadership potential.
During the week-long Economics for Leaders program, students attain an understanding of economic reasoning principles and how to employ these concepts for successful and effective leadership. Additionally, participants achieve a heightened awareness of the impact their decisions have on others and the responsibility that awareness imposes. Economics for Leaders is an unparalleled learning and growing opportunity. Kirk plans to utilize this experience in his role as President of the high school’s Student Senate as well as in his future studies. Students who have attended Economics for Leaders programs in prior years have called it "the experience of a lifetime."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Free Movie and Game Day at St. Francis Library
- State Budget Information Session, Monday, April 20
- South Shore Youth Rugby Club
- LearningRx in Brookfield Donates to Autism Society of Southeastern Wisconsin
- Oak Creek Library Baby Story Time
- American Pickers to visit Cudahy
- Afternoon Tea Delight at Cudahy Family Library
- Working Parents’ Luncheon Aimed at Helping Busy Parents Recharge
- Last Market & Rummage Sale at St. Ann Center
- A KNIGHT OF LAUGHS - HIGHSCHOOL FOOTBALL QUARTERBACK CLUB