After months of preparation the City will welcome elite cyclists from more than 40 states and 20 countries to compete in Cudahy's first International Cycling Classic (ICC) bicycle race on Thursday, July 15. Bicycling enthusiasts, residents and visitors are all invited to come share in the excitement.
The racing will begin at 10:00 a.m. and run until 8:00 p.m. with a break around supper time for family entertainment. The professional men's race at 6:00 p.m. will be the centerpiece of a full day of activities including other amateur and professional bike races and a food and vendor area focusing on health and wellness.
The races will begin and end near the South Shore Cyclery bicycle shop and museum and follow a nearly one-mile course around Packard, Squire, Kirkwood and Holmes Avenues. In addition to the high-caliber racing, spectators are encouraged to check out Cudahy's new businesses, as well as the continued progress of rehabilitation projects designed to improve the quality and character of the downtown area.
For more details about the South Shore Cycling Classic on Thursday visit the City of Cudahy's website, www.cudahy-wi.gov.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Summer Fun at the St. Francis Library
- City of St. Francis 4th of July Celebration Schedule
- Team Hope Walk/Run to Benefit Huntington's Disease
- The Energy for Life walk Milwaukee to benefit the United Mitochondrial Disease Foundation will be held on September 26th at Greenfield Park
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin to Host Declaration for Donations Blood Drive
- Enjoy Shop St. Francis Week, June 29th to July 5th
- Open House on proposed lakefront luxury residential community June 23rd
- Kirtan at Tippe
- Guardian Credit Union Presents Three “Dinner and a Movie” Nights Beginning June 19
- Angela Iannone's THE SEEDS OF BANQUO Premieres with Theater RED