Twenty-eight Sisters of St. Francis of Assisi will celebrate their anniversaries of religious profession at a 2 p.m. Jubilarian Mass on Sunday, July 25, at St. Rita Parish in West Allis, Wis. The congregation, whose Motherhouse is located at South Lake Drive in St. Francis, has 250 professed members in the United States, Taiwan and Ireland.
The senior jubilarians, Sisters Theodora Bies, Dorothy Schroeder, Lucilda Sewald and Lucille Walsh, will commemorate their 75-year anniversaries of vowed religious life.
The 70-year jubilarians are Sisters Francis Marie DeLany, Bernardine Menke and Rosanne Sanders.
Celebrating 60 years are Sisters Clare Ahler, Martha Ann Czarnyszka, Coletta Dunn, Ann Ferschl, Serena Halfmann, Cor Marie Lowrie, Angela Perrizo, Marjeta Peternel, Felicia Schlechter, Beatrice Smith, Margaret Mary Sullivan and Eileen Wendt.
The 50-year jubilarians are Sisters Marcia Lunz, Gabrielle Kowalski, Audrey Mozejewski, Patricia Nightingale, Perpetua Roche, Veronica Marie Rueth, Marlene Stawski, Delores Theine and Rose Martin Weldgen.
Following the celebration on July 25, more jubilee information and photos will be available on the congregation website, www.lakeosfs.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Rose Tattoo folk group to be revived in Milwaukee
- Bayview Historical Society 35th Anniversary Celebration
- St. Thomas More High School to Dedicate New Gym Floor to Coach Rick Majerus
- 23 OSFs Celebrate Anniversaries of Vowed Life
- Polonia's Annual Festival
- Band Concert - Cudahy Historical Society
- Mayor Announces that City of St. Francis Development efforts moving forward
- Increased aircraft activity over Milwaukee this week
- Library mini-sale at Cudahy Farmer's Market
- Cudahy Classic Road Races Set for 2015