Twenty-eight Sisters of St. Francis of Assisi will celebrate their anniversaries of religious profession at a 2 p.m. Jubilarian Mass on Sunday, July 25, at St. Rita Parish in West Allis, Wis. The congregation, whose Motherhouse is located at South Lake Drive in St. Francis, has 250 professed members in the United States, Taiwan and Ireland.
The senior jubilarians, Sisters Theodora Bies, Dorothy Schroeder, Lucilda Sewald and Lucille Walsh, will commemorate their 75-year anniversaries of vowed religious life.
The 70-year jubilarians are Sisters Francis Marie DeLany, Bernardine Menke and Rosanne Sanders.
Celebrating 60 years are Sisters Clare Ahler, Martha Ann Czarnyszka, Coletta Dunn, Ann Ferschl, Serena Halfmann, Cor Marie Lowrie, Angela Perrizo, Marjeta Peternel, Felicia Schlechter, Beatrice Smith, Margaret Mary Sullivan and Eileen Wendt.
The 50-year jubilarians are Sisters Marcia Lunz, Gabrielle Kowalski, Audrey Mozejewski, Patricia Nightingale, Perpetua Roche, Veronica Marie Rueth, Marlene Stawski, Delores Theine and Rose Martin Weldgen.
Following the celebration on July 25, more jubilee information and photos will be available on the congregation website, www.lakeosfs.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Pop-Up Gallery Event: "In Memory of Chester. H. Sheard"
- Local Resident Participates in THE ADDAMS FAMILY at Sunset Playhouse
- Code & Go: fun, interactive coding event for girls in grades K5-8
- UW-Parkside's October Science Night!
- Wixon Adds Renee Santy, Food Scientist
- Rocktoberfest Beer Tasting
- Rudyard Kipling comes to Milwaukee in advance of his 150th birthday!
- R.A. Smith National Given Green Light from FAA on Commercial Use of Unmanned Aircraft System (UAS)
- Local Contractor on Mission to Educate First Time Homeowners
- St. Thomas More High School Prepares for Recycling Drive