Twenty-eight Sisters of St. Francis of Assisi will celebrate their anniversaries of religious profession at a 2 p.m. Jubilarian Mass on Sunday, July 25, at St. Rita Parish in West Allis, Wis. The congregation, whose Motherhouse is located at South Lake Drive in St. Francis, has 250 professed members in the United States, Taiwan and Ireland.
The senior jubilarians, Sisters Theodora Bies, Dorothy Schroeder, Lucilda Sewald and Lucille Walsh, will commemorate their 75-year anniversaries of vowed religious life.
The 70-year jubilarians are Sisters Francis Marie DeLany, Bernardine Menke and Rosanne Sanders.
Celebrating 60 years are Sisters Clare Ahler, Martha Ann Czarnyszka, Coletta Dunn, Ann Ferschl, Serena Halfmann, Cor Marie Lowrie, Angela Perrizo, Marjeta Peternel, Felicia Schlechter, Beatrice Smith, Margaret Mary Sullivan and Eileen Wendt.
The 50-year jubilarians are Sisters Marcia Lunz, Gabrielle Kowalski, Audrey Mozejewski, Patricia Nightingale, Perpetua Roche, Veronica Marie Rueth, Marlene Stawski, Delores Theine and Rose Martin Weldgen.
Following the celebration on July 25, more jubilee information and photos will be available on the congregation website, www.lakeosfs.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- "Brass at the Border" concert
- Cudahy Board of Education Approves Inquiry into Purchase of South Shore YMCA Building
- Friends of Pulaski Park-Cudahy Planning Park Upgrade
- Cudahy School District Increases Aquatics Programming
- End of an Era
- Oak Creek Library Make and Take Craft Program
- An Open Letter to Governor Walker Regarding "Easy" Teacher Licensure
- Lego Club at St. Francis LIbrary
- 2015 St. Francis Police Department Citizen Academy
- Sharpen your sleuthing skills for New Berlin Rotary's Murder Mystery Feb. 7