Twenty-eight Sisters of St. Francis of Assisi will celebrate their anniversaries of religious profession at a 2 p.m. Jubilarian Mass on Sunday, July 25, at St. Rita Parish in West Allis, Wis. The congregation, whose Motherhouse is located at South Lake Drive in St. Francis, has 250 professed members in the United States, Taiwan and Ireland.
The senior jubilarians, Sisters Theodora Bies, Dorothy Schroeder, Lucilda Sewald and Lucille Walsh, will commemorate their 75-year anniversaries of vowed religious life.
The 70-year jubilarians are Sisters Francis Marie DeLany, Bernardine Menke and Rosanne Sanders.
Celebrating 60 years are Sisters Clare Ahler, Martha Ann Czarnyszka, Coletta Dunn, Ann Ferschl, Serena Halfmann, Cor Marie Lowrie, Angela Perrizo, Marjeta Peternel, Felicia Schlechter, Beatrice Smith, Margaret Mary Sullivan and Eileen Wendt.
The 50-year jubilarians are Sisters Marcia Lunz, Gabrielle Kowalski, Audrey Mozejewski, Patricia Nightingale, Perpetua Roche, Veronica Marie Rueth, Marlene Stawski, Delores Theine and Rose Martin Weldgen.
Following the celebration on July 25, more jubilee information and photos will be available on the congregation website, www.lakeosfs.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Cudahy Historical Society First Open House This Saturday
- Confronting Abuse and Neglect at Summer Camp
- Art Petalers Fair blooms May 9 at Custom Grown Greenhouse
- Aging Well Conference at UW-Parkside
- UWP Theatre Presents: The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee
- Free Movie and Game Day at St. Francis Library
- State Budget Information Session, Monday, April 20
- South Shore Youth Rugby Club
- LearningRx in Brookfield Donates to Autism Society of Southeastern Wisconsin
- Oak Creek Library Baby Story Time