The South Milwaukee Rage start their 2010 GFL Championship run on Friday May 14th at 7:30pm against the newly formed Lake County Desperados. Not much is known about the Desperados, except that they are a split off of the Lake County Cowboys, whom the Rage lost to in the regular season last year as well as the playoffs. The Rage intend to christen their new home field, Gavinski Field at Greendale High School, with a big win. The Rage do not only have most of their players back from last season but have added numerous amounts of talent and semi-pro football experience to the field and the coaching staff. The Rage look to add a better fan experience this season as well with new concessions at reasonable prices, and new games and halftime shows. The Rage also will have on hand their players that didn't return for this season as honorary captains throughout the season. In the home opener, the Rage welcome back Cedric Hemphill. Cedric was the Rage Defensive Player of the Year last season and a GFL All-Star. So come on out and support your local championship team. Tickets are available for pre-sale by going to www.southmilwaukeerage.com or you can pay at the door. We also have season ticket packages in which you receive a free game available.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Christmas Rummage & Bake Sales at Depot on Saturday
- Wauwatosa Resident Kriete Joins Lutheran Home Foundation Board
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin to Host Season of Giving Blood Drive
- OCPL Teen Craft: Winter in a Jar
- Health Professionals Inducted to National Multiple Sclerosis Society's Volunteer Hall of Fame
- CONUNDRUM WINE TASTING FIRST TIME BY BREEN
- Santa Visiting the Indoor Market this Saturday!
- Movie Matinee at St. Francis Library
- Cantare Chorale Presents “Songs of the Season” Concert Saturday in South Milwaukee
- Cantare Chorale Presents “Spirit of the Season” Concert Saturday in South Milwaukee