South Milwaukee Little League (SMLL) will host the 2nd Annual 9-pin Tap Scholarship Bowl at the South Milwaukee Arcade on May 22. The event is a fundraiser for the Daryl Huck Memorial Scholarship Fund, which awards several scholarships to graduating seniors every year.
The event will begin at 7:00PM and participation costs $20 (which includes three games of bowling, shoe rental, and food). There will also be prize raffles with prizes donated by businesses from South Milwaukee and its surrounding communities.
The league began holding the fundraiser in 2009 to help former league participants pay for their college educations. Participation in SMLL is a life learning experience; teaching the importance of teamwork and the benefits of working hard to achieve personal goals.
“It would be a shame if after all their hard work, players were unable to reach their full potential and use what their experience in our program has taught them due to lack of financial resources,” said League President Dave Douglas.
South Milwaukee Little League is a non-profit organization and was founded in 1954. It has served the cities of South Milwaukee, St. Francis, and Cudahy for 54 years. Hundreds of children from those communities between the ages of 7 and 18 enjoy playing in the league every summer. The league seeks to promote the lifelong benefits of team sports and fosters a sense of community among all who participate.
For more information visit SMLL's website at www.eteamz.com/smll
- HamBINGO Thursday June 2 to Benefit Second Hand Purrs
- County Offers Free Chess Camps
- World Wide Knit in Public Day Celebration at Cudahy Family Library
- St. Francis Resident Receives Alverno College Degree
- "Click It or Ticket"
- "Click it or Ticket It" Campaign
- Four-Year-Old Kindergarten Registration
- Eat at Transfer Pizzeria May 9-23 to benefit Second Hand Purrs
- Holly and Joey Baird of the Wisconsin Vegetable Gardener at the Cudahy Family Library in June
- Vendor Fair and Bake Sale Sunday May 22