South Milwaukee Little League (SMLL) will host the 2nd Annual 9-pin Tap Scholarship Bowl at the South Milwaukee Arcade on May 22. The event is a fundraiser for the Daryl Huck Memorial Scholarship Fund, which awards several scholarships to graduating seniors every year.
The event will begin at 7:00PM and participation costs $20 (which includes three games of bowling, shoe rental, and food). There will also be prize raffles with prizes donated by businesses from South Milwaukee and its surrounding communities.
The league began holding the fundraiser in 2009 to help former league participants pay for their college educations. Participation in SMLL is a life learning experience; teaching the importance of teamwork and the benefits of working hard to achieve personal goals.
“It would be a shame if after all their hard work, players were unable to reach their full potential and use what their experience in our program has taught them due to lack of financial resources,” said League President Dave Douglas.
South Milwaukee Little League is a non-profit organization and was founded in 1954. It has served the cities of South Milwaukee, St. Francis, and Cudahy for 54 years. Hundreds of children from those communities between the ages of 7 and 18 enjoy playing in the league every summer. The league seeks to promote the lifelong benefits of team sports and fosters a sense of community among all who participate.
For more information visit SMLL's website at www.eteamz.com/smll
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Bartelt Hosts Hunger Task Force Food Drive
- 2015 GET FIT Workshop - Kelly Senior Center
- MCW to hold graduate school open house
- Toy Drive set for kids in child welfare system
- County Executive Abele to Attend South Milwaukee Meet the Mayor Event
- Slovak Artistic Heritage on Display at Holiday Folk Fair International
- Dream Journals for 'Tweens & Teens at the Oak Creek Library
- Build With the Lego Masters!
- Free Showing of "How to Train Your Dragon 2" at St. Francis Library
- St. Francis-Based PIONEER TRAVEL Joins Top Travel Professionals in Orlando for Major Industry Conference