St. Francis – Saint Francis de Sales Seminary, the Archdiocese of Milwaukee’s Catholic seminary, will host Vocationfest Sunday, March 21, at the Seminary, 3257 South Lake Drive, St. Francis. The open house event runs from 1 to 4 p.m.
Vocationfest aims to “light the way to the Lord” by providing an opportunity for men and women of all ages to consider their vocation and visit the Seminary and the Sisters of St. Francis of Assisi Motherhouse. Guests are invited to create their own Vocationfest experience by participating in any and all of the events offered throughout the afternoon:
· Tours of Saint Francis de Sales Seminary, led by one of our 36 current seminarians, in English and Spanish.
· Tours of the Sisters of St. Francis of Assisi Motherhouse. Take a trolley ride from the Seminary next door to the Motherhouse for tours at 2 p.m. and 3 p.m.
· A prayer service in Christ King Chapel.
· Presentations on the future of the priesthood and the future of the sisterhood.
· Vocation Theatre – watch videos and listen to speakers on foster vocations.
· Vocation Team training.
· Games and prizes, displays and information, and summer-camp sign-up.
· Snacks and socializing with Seminary faculty, staff and seminarians.
Seminarians will serve as event hosts and tour guides. A children’s area will be available for families with small children.
Vocationfest is being coordinated by the staffs of the Vocations Office of the Archdiocese of Milwaukee and the Seminary.
Saint Francis de Sales Seminary, founded in 1845, prepares priests to serve the growing number of Catholics in the Archdiocese of Milwaukee. Last year, six men were ordained to the priesthood – the largest ordination class in 17 years. This spring, five more priests will be ordained.
For more information about the Seminary and the Vocations Office, visit www.sfs.edu and www.archmil.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Bay View Business Marks Anniversary by Giving Back
- 50TH SAINT FRANCIS DAYS
- August is “Cataract Awareness Month”: 6 Things you should know about CATARACTS
- Cudahy Lions Brat Fry
- Health Fair Returns to South Milw Downtown Market - Sept 4th
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin to Host 13th Annual Big League Blood Drive
- Wixon Grows in Sales and Service
- HamBingo Charity Event for Bay View
- Oak creek Place Announces Concert in the Courtyard
- Friends of Grant Park 1st Annual Electronic and Aluminum Can Recycling Drive.