Two weeks ago, U.S. Cellular officials decided to release the Top 100 schools vying for a share of $1 million in the company’s Calling All Communities campaign. It appears that sharing this coveted information inspired many schools to mobilize droves of voters putting pressure on the frontrunners to hold their ground.
As promised, the Top 100 list has been released once more. The latest rankings show several schools moving up at a rapid pace with some significant shuffling in the Top 20 and Top 10 positions. More than 110,000 votes have been cast for 5,400-plus schools. Those ranking in the Top 100 have earned at least 180 votes. About 450 votes mark the threshold for the Top 50, and approximately 2,000 votes are needed to make the Top 10.
Although no Wisconsin school is currently in the Top 10, there is still time for schools in St. Francis to get out the vote and win! After all, Brogden Elementary School in Dudley, N.C., didn’t begin soliciting votes until the start of winter break but still went on to become a 2009 CAC Champion.
“In some instances, only a handful of votes separate schools,” said Chris Rathsack, director of sales for U.S. Cellular in Wisconsin. “That’s why we encourage everyone to keep getting those votes in right up to the deadline.”
Communities can vote for their favorite schools now through January 15, 2010. The 10 schools with the most votes will win $100,000 each to use however they choose.
Although the Top 100 list will not be released again during the campaign, updates of the Top 20 will continue to be posted at participating U.S. Cellular stores, at uscellular.com/callingallcommunities and on U.S. Cellular’s Facebook page.
Anyone 18 or older can visit any U.S. Cellular store to pick up a voting code, and each voting code can only be used once. Schools of all sizes, public, private, urban and rural, K- 12 have a chance to become a Calling All Communities champion. Winning schools will be announced in February 2010. No purchase is necessary to vote. See official rules at uscellular.com/callingallcommunities.
- Kitten Baby Shower Saturday May 7 at Second Hand Purrs
- South Milwaukee Little League Opening Day
- Sister Edna’s Jewelry Gets Shiny New Look
- R.A. Smith National Named 2016 Top Workplace by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
- Go Green, Gold and Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness
- Becky’s Blissful Bakery Enters Partnerships to Create Cutting-Edge Caramel Pairings; First of its Kind in the Caramel Industry
- Mass for Anointing of the Sick
- UW-Parkside Adult Learner Open House April 26
- Spring Estate and Rummage Sale at St. Ann Center
- South Milwaukee Performing Arts Center Announces Summer Youth Theatre Willy Wonka KIDS and Alice in Wonderland, JR.