Two weeks ago, U.S. Cellular officials decided to release the Top 100 schools vying for a share of $1 million in the company’s Calling All Communities campaign. It appears that sharing this coveted information inspired many schools to mobilize droves of voters putting pressure on the frontrunners to hold their ground.
As promised, the Top 100 list has been released once more. The latest rankings show several schools moving up at a rapid pace with some significant shuffling in the Top 20 and Top 10 positions. More than 110,000 votes have been cast for 5,400-plus schools. Those ranking in the Top 100 have earned at least 180 votes. About 450 votes mark the threshold for the Top 50, and approximately 2,000 votes are needed to make the Top 10.
Although no Wisconsin school is currently in the Top 10, there is still time for schools in St. Francis to get out the vote and win! After all, Brogden Elementary School in Dudley, N.C., didn’t begin soliciting votes until the start of winter break but still went on to become a 2009 CAC Champion.
“In some instances, only a handful of votes separate schools,” said Chris Rathsack, director of sales for U.S. Cellular in Wisconsin. “That’s why we encourage everyone to keep getting those votes in right up to the deadline.”
Communities can vote for their favorite schools now through January 15, 2010. The 10 schools with the most votes will win $100,000 each to use however they choose.
Although the Top 100 list will not be released again during the campaign, updates of the Top 20 will continue to be posted at participating U.S. Cellular stores, at uscellular.com/callingallcommunities and on U.S. Cellular’s Facebook page.
Anyone 18 or older can visit any U.S. Cellular store to pick up a voting code, and each voting code can only be used once. Schools of all sizes, public, private, urban and rural, K- 12 have a chance to become a Calling All Communities champion. Winning schools will be announced in February 2010. No purchase is necessary to vote. See official rules at uscellular.com/callingallcommunities.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Fun, food and fireworks, it's South Shore Frolic time!
- ATI Physical Therapy Offers Complimentary Screenings at All Locations
- Summer Fun at the St. Francis Library
- City of St. Francis 4th of July Celebration Schedule
- Team Hope Walk/Run to Benefit Huntington's Disease
- The Energy for Life walk Milwaukee to benefit the United Mitochondrial Disease Foundation will be held on September 26th at Greenfield Park
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin to Host Declaration for Donations Blood Drive
- Enjoy Shop St. Francis Week, June 29th to July 5th
- Open House on proposed lakefront luxury residential community June 23rd
- Celebrate South Milwaukee with a Full Week of Heritage Days Activities