Four hospitals within Aurora Health Care were recently recognized as Magnet hospitals by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Aurora Sinai Medical Center, Aurora St. Luke's Medical Center, Aurora St. Luke's South Shore and Aurora West Allis Medical Center each earned Magnet designation for the third year running. This places them among the top 1 percent of hospitals to have achieved this honor.
The ANCC created the Magnet Recognition Program to recognize health care organizations that provide quality patient care, nursing excellence and innovations in professional nursing practice.
“Magnet designation is the most prestigious honor bestowed in the nursing profession,” says Marie Golanowski, vice president and nurse executive for Aurora Health Care. “This recognition is a confirmation of the great care that is given to our patients each day at these hospitals.”
Gail Wolf, chair of the Magnet Commission, says Aurora Health Care is an innovative leader within the nursing profession.
“We look to organizations like Aurora to lead others to Magnet excellence,” Wolf says.”
Karlene Kerfoot, Ph.D., R.N., vice president and chief clinical officer for Aurora Health Care, says while the award acknowledges excellence in nursing, it is awarded to the entire hospital because of the evidence of interdisciplinary collaboration, innovation and emphasis on quality.
“We are all very proud of this accomplishment,” Kerfoot says.
Aurora Health Care is a not-for-profit Wisconsin health care provider and a national leader in efforts to improve health care quality. Aurora offers services at sites in more than 90 communities throughout eastern Wisconsin.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Local Author Anna Passanter at the Cudahy Family Library
- Cudahy Historical Society First Open House This Saturday
- Confronting Abuse and Neglect at Summer Camp
- Art Petalers Fair blooms May 9 at Custom Grown Greenhouse
- Aging Well Conference at UW-Parkside
- UWP Theatre Presents: The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee
- Free Movie and Game Day at St. Francis Library
- State Budget Information Session, Monday, April 20
- South Shore Youth Rugby Club
- LearningRx in Brookfield Donates to Autism Society of Southeastern Wisconsin