Four hospitals within Aurora Health Care were recently recognized as Magnet hospitals by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Aurora Sinai Medical Center, Aurora St. Luke's Medical Center, Aurora St. Luke's South Shore and Aurora West Allis Medical Center each earned Magnet designation for the third year running. This places them among the top 1 percent of hospitals to have achieved this honor.
The ANCC created the Magnet Recognition Program to recognize health care organizations that provide quality patient care, nursing excellence and innovations in professional nursing practice.
“Magnet designation is the most prestigious honor bestowed in the nursing profession,” says Marie Golanowski, vice president and nurse executive for Aurora Health Care. “This recognition is a confirmation of the great care that is given to our patients each day at these hospitals.”
Gail Wolf, chair of the Magnet Commission, says Aurora Health Care is an innovative leader within the nursing profession.
“We look to organizations like Aurora to lead others to Magnet excellence,” Wolf says.”
Karlene Kerfoot, Ph.D., R.N., vice president and chief clinical officer for Aurora Health Care, says while the award acknowledges excellence in nursing, it is awarded to the entire hospital because of the evidence of interdisciplinary collaboration, innovation and emphasis on quality.
“We are all very proud of this accomplishment,” Kerfoot says.
Aurora Health Care is a not-for-profit Wisconsin health care provider and a national leader in efforts to improve health care quality. Aurora offers services at sites in more than 90 communities throughout eastern Wisconsin.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Fun, food and fireworks, it's South Shore Frolic time!
- ATI Physical Therapy Offers Complimentary Screenings at All Locations
- Summer Fun at the St. Francis Library
- City of St. Francis 4th of July Celebration Schedule
- Team Hope Walk/Run to Benefit Huntington's Disease
- The Energy for Life walk Milwaukee to benefit the United Mitochondrial Disease Foundation will be held on September 26th at Greenfield Park
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin to Host Declaration for Donations Blood Drive
- Enjoy Shop St. Francis Week, June 29th to July 5th
- Open House on proposed lakefront luxury residential community June 23rd
- Kirtan at Tippe