Four hospitals within Aurora Health Care were recently recognized as Magnet hospitals by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Aurora Sinai Medical Center, Aurora St. Luke's Medical Center, Aurora St. Luke's South Shore and Aurora West Allis Medical Center each earned Magnet designation for the third year running. This places them among the top 1 percent of hospitals to have achieved this honor.
The ANCC created the Magnet Recognition Program to recognize health care organizations that provide quality patient care, nursing excellence and innovations in professional nursing practice.
“Magnet designation is the most prestigious honor bestowed in the nursing profession,” says Marie Golanowski, vice president and nurse executive for Aurora Health Care. “This recognition is a confirmation of the great care that is given to our patients each day at these hospitals.”
Gail Wolf, chair of the Magnet Commission, says Aurora Health Care is an innovative leader within the nursing profession.
“We look to organizations like Aurora to lead others to Magnet excellence,” Wolf says.”
Karlene Kerfoot, Ph.D., R.N., vice president and chief clinical officer for Aurora Health Care, says while the award acknowledges excellence in nursing, it is awarded to the entire hospital because of the evidence of interdisciplinary collaboration, innovation and emphasis on quality.
“We are all very proud of this accomplishment,” Kerfoot says.
Aurora Health Care is a not-for-profit Wisconsin health care provider and a national leader in efforts to improve health care quality. Aurora offers services at sites in more than 90 communities throughout eastern Wisconsin.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Lego Club at St. Francis LIbrary
- 2015 St. Francis Police Department Citizen Academy
- Sharpen your sleuthing skills for New Berlin Rotary's Murder Mystery Feb. 7
- Miss West Allis/New Berlin Scholarship Program
- Local Girl Wins Miss Wisconsin Collegiate Title
- Future Cudahy Farmer's Market Valentine Family Fun Night-Fundraiser
- Bartelt Named "Best of Houzz 2015"
- New JB’s on 41 Special Event Invites Fathers & Daughters to Reconnect
- SSSF Mardi Gras Fundraiser to be held on February 14th
- SOUTH MILWAUKEE INCOMING FRESHMAN ORIENTATION NIGHT