Contact: Rep. Christine Sinicki Immediate Release
608-266-8588 October 27, 2009
Dog Breeders Licensure Bill Passes Assembly on Unanimous Vote
Puppy Mills Prohibitions Sent to Senate
MADISON- State Representative Christine Sinicki (D–Milwaukee) hailed passage of 2009 Assembly Bill 250, saying “This new law has been a long time coming for Wisconsin dog owners and their pets. Anyone familiar with the policy area knows how complicated it has been to forge ahead while considering the interests of legitimate dog breeders as well as pet owners. I’m proud of my colleagues, particularly Rep. Jeff Smith (D-Eau Claire), the bill’s lead author, for shepherding this through the State Assembly.”
Assembly Bill 250 ends the unregulated breeding of puppies in Wisconsin. “We have created a legal framework which prevents unscrupulous individuals from breeding and raising dogs under inhumane conditions”, explained Sinicki, “and we are creating a safer climate for the dog-buying public as well.”
“Over the years, I’ve heard from hundreds of concerned citizens, asking us to end the suffering of dogs and stop puppy mills in Wisconsin. Today the State Assembly took this vote that, as second author of this bill, I’m very happy to take home to the citizens of the 20th Assembly District.”
# # #
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Fun, food and fireworks, it's South Shore Frolic time!
- ATI Physical Therapy Offers Complimentary Screenings at All Locations
- Summer Fun at the St. Francis Library
- City of St. Francis 4th of July Celebration Schedule
- Team Hope Walk/Run to Benefit Huntington's Disease
- The Energy for Life walk Milwaukee to benefit the United Mitochondrial Disease Foundation will be held on September 26th at Greenfield Park
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin to Host Declaration for Donations Blood Drive
- Enjoy Shop St. Francis Week, June 29th to July 5th
- Open House on proposed lakefront luxury residential community June 23rd
- Celebrate South Milwaukee with a Full Week of Heritage Days Activities