Contact: Rep. Christine Sinicki Immediate Release
608-266-8588 October 27, 2009
Dog Breeders Licensure Bill Passes Assembly on Unanimous Vote
Puppy Mills Prohibitions Sent to Senate
MADISON- State Representative Christine Sinicki (D–Milwaukee) hailed passage of 2009 Assembly Bill 250, saying “This new law has been a long time coming for Wisconsin dog owners and their pets. Anyone familiar with the policy area knows how complicated it has been to forge ahead while considering the interests of legitimate dog breeders as well as pet owners. I’m proud of my colleagues, particularly Rep. Jeff Smith (D-Eau Claire), the bill’s lead author, for shepherding this through the State Assembly.”
Assembly Bill 250 ends the unregulated breeding of puppies in Wisconsin. “We have created a legal framework which prevents unscrupulous individuals from breeding and raising dogs under inhumane conditions”, explained Sinicki, “and we are creating a safer climate for the dog-buying public as well.”
“Over the years, I’ve heard from hundreds of concerned citizens, asking us to end the suffering of dogs and stop puppy mills in Wisconsin. Today the State Assembly took this vote that, as second author of this bill, I’m very happy to take home to the citizens of the 20th Assembly District.”
# # #
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- St. Mark's Project Concern Benefit Musical Extravaganza
- Wixon Welcomes Amanda Hill, Buyer
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- Kaboom! St. Francis Library's Summer Reading Program
- OCPL-Throwback Thursdays Movie Night!
- American Cancer Society Seeks Teams for Relay For Life of Milwaukee on June 19
- "The Seeds of Banquo" - a New Play in Angela Iannone's Edwin Booth Series with Theater RED
- Cudahy Historical Society/Police Bicycle Auction Saturday!
- Teen De-Stress Fest