Wheels of Wisconsin Artistic Roller Skating Club (W.O.W.) is holding a spaghetti dinner and skating show on Sunday, December 6, 2009 at the Rollaero Skate Center in Cudahy. The show is titled "The Nutcracker: A Rolling Good Tale" and will be loosely based on the classic tale, "The Nutcracker". This fundraising event will feature local roller skating champions, beginner skaters and regional World Class skaters. Proceeds raised will be used to help local skaters pursue their goal of skating at the Regional and National Championships in 2010.
Over 40 skaters will perform ranging in age from 3 to 70 and in ability from beginners to National Champions. W.O.W.'s own 9 skaters from their National Team will be featured in the show along with many other W.O.W. skaters and friends. W.O.W. skaters garnered 11 National medals at the National Championships in 2009. W.O.W. is pleased to announce that U.S. Junior World Team members, Anthony Sorenson and Katie Biegel, from Indiana will also be performing along with Cudahy native and past U.S. Junior World Team member, Saralyn Maurer. Skaters from the Brewcity Bruisers Roller Derby teams will be featured in the show, as well.
The dinner show will begin with dinner being served 5:00-6:00, the skating show 6:00-8:00 and open skating 8:00-9:00. A bake sale and silent auction will also take place. Tickets can be purchased for $12 in advance or $15 at the door and can be obtained at the Rollaero Skate Center or by contacting the show director, Kelli Zawacki, through the club's email email@example.com. Rollaero Skate Center is located at 5200 S. Pennsylvania in Cudahy. If anyone is interested in skating in the show, practices are beginning October 18 and you can call the rink to leave a message for the show director.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Free Movie and Game Day at St. Francis Library
- State Budget Information Session, Monday, April 20
- South Shore Youth Rugby Club
- LearningRx in Brookfield Donates to Autism Society of Southeastern Wisconsin
- Oak Creek Library Baby Story Time
- American Pickers to visit Cudahy
- Afternoon Tea Delight at Cudahy Family Library
- Working Parents’ Luncheon Aimed at Helping Busy Parents Recharge
- Last Market & Rummage Sale at St. Ann Center
- A KNIGHT OF LAUGHS - HIGHSCHOOL FOOTBALL QUARTERBACK CLUB