After much thought and a few sleepless nights, I have decided to cancel the 2009 Fall Festival hosted by the Patrick Cudahy Park Friends.
Although there were a number of factors which contributed to this decision, the number one factor is the lack of volunteers willing to participate in the planning process and event day activities.
Any community event (i.e.: 4th of July, Sweet Apple-Wood Festival, and the Fall Festival) require months of planning, the dedication of several volunteers to plan the event details, setup the event, work the event, and tear down the event, not to mention the financial support of individuals and businesses within the community.
As the founder of the Patrick Cudahy Park Friends, my mission was to “Inspire community interaction through fun family activities and raise funds to enhance park facilities”. However the lack of community interaction has caused the cancellation of this fun family activity.
We, the residents of Cudahy, need to start pitching in and get involved in our community and schools. Once we come together to actively support our community, we will see that others will want to join our community including businesses and families.
I would like to thank the three volunteers (Kim Krajewski, Pat Geshrick, and Kristy Schumann) who stepped up to help with the planning of the Fall Festival. I hope they will stay on to plan future events as well as spread the news we are actively recruiting new members.
The Patrick Cudahy Park Friends will meet on Thursday, October 8th at 6:30 pm to discuss the cancellation and future of this event as well as the possibility of a craft/vendor event to correspond with the Cudahy Christmas Tree Lighting ceremony on November 29th. If you are interested in joining our meeting please contact Tina at (414) 881-8494.
- HamBINGO Thursday June 2 to Benefit Second Hand Purrs
- County Offers Free Chess Camps
- World Wide Knit in Public Day Celebration at Cudahy Family Library
- St. Francis Resident Receives Alverno College Degree
- "Click It or Ticket"
- "Click it or Ticket It" Campaign
- Four-Year-Old Kindergarten Registration
- Eat at Transfer Pizzeria May 9-23 to benefit Second Hand Purrs
- Holly and Joey Baird of the Wisconsin Vegetable Gardener at the Cudahy Family Library in June
- Vendor Fair and Bake Sale Sunday May 22