After much thought and a few sleepless nights, I have decided to cancel the 2009 Fall Festival hosted by the Patrick Cudahy Park Friends.
Although there were a number of factors which contributed to this decision, the number one factor is the lack of volunteers willing to participate in the planning process and event day activities.
Any community event (i.e.: 4th of July, Sweet Apple-Wood Festival, and the Fall Festival) require months of planning, the dedication of several volunteers to plan the event details, setup the event, work the event, and tear down the event, not to mention the financial support of individuals and businesses within the community.
As the founder of the Patrick Cudahy Park Friends, my mission was to “Inspire community interaction through fun family activities and raise funds to enhance park facilities”. However the lack of community interaction has caused the cancellation of this fun family activity.
We, the residents of Cudahy, need to start pitching in and get involved in our community and schools. Once we come together to actively support our community, we will see that others will want to join our community including businesses and families.
I would like to thank the three volunteers (Kim Krajewski, Pat Geshrick, and Kristy Schumann) who stepped up to help with the planning of the Fall Festival. I hope they will stay on to plan future events as well as spread the news we are actively recruiting new members.
The Patrick Cudahy Park Friends will meet on Thursday, October 8th at 6:30 pm to discuss the cancellation and future of this event as well as the possibility of a craft/vendor event to correspond with the Cudahy Christmas Tree Lighting ceremony on November 29th. If you are interested in joining our meeting please contact Tina at (414) 881-8494.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Fun, food and fireworks, it's South Shore Frolic time!
- ATI Physical Therapy Offers Complimentary Screenings at All Locations
- Summer Fun at the St. Francis Library
- City of St. Francis 4th of July Celebration Schedule
- Team Hope Walk/Run to Benefit Huntington's Disease
- The Energy for Life walk Milwaukee to benefit the United Mitochondrial Disease Foundation will be held on September 26th at Greenfield Park
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin to Host Declaration for Donations Blood Drive
- Enjoy Shop St. Francis Week, June 29th to July 5th
- Open House on proposed lakefront luxury residential community June 23rd
- Kirtan at Tippe