The Friends of Sheridan are asking lovers of the park to come help remove weeds that crowd out the diverse vegetation found along the southern bluffs.
Gloves, clippers, handsaws and herbicides will be provided. Please wear long pants and thorn-resistant shoes or boots. We will meet at the southern end of the park on Saturday, Oct. 10, at 9 a.m. The event will last until noon.
Follow Pulaski Ave. east towards the lake, then go south to the Warnimont Golf Course parking lot.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Little House Book Club at St. Francis Library
- Lego Club Launches at St. Francis Library
- Kohl's Wild Theater
- St. Francis residents win grants through Northwestern Mutual Days of Sharing program
- “Battle of the Bays” Getaway winner announced by BloodCenter of WI
- 2014 Breakfast with Santa
- Sharpen your swords for New Berlin Rotary's Murder Mystery Feb. 7
- Christmas Rummage & Bake Sales at Depot on Saturday
- Wauwatosa Resident Kriete Joins Lutheran Home Foundation Board
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin to Host Season of Giving Blood Drive