Kevin McManaman, Cudahy, and Christopher Klusman, Milwaukee, are two of 36 seminarians currently enrolled in Saint Francis de Sales Seminary’s priestly formation program. The number represents twice as many seminarians as the formation class of 10 years ago.
The Seminary’s growth has been steady since 1997, when only five seminarians comprised the priestly formation class.
1997 5 seminarians 2004 28 seminarians
1998 13 seminarians 2005 27 seminarians
1999 17 seminarians 2006 32 seminarians
2000 25 seminarians 2007 34 seminarians
2001 24 seminarians 2008 36 seminarians
2002 20 seminarians 2009 36 seminarians
2003 20 seminarians
In this Year for Priests, so declared by Pope Benedict XVI in June, Saint Francis de Sales Seminary and the priests it forms receive special focus. “There are profound personal moments of formational growth occurring every single day in the minds, hearts and souls of our seminarians,” says Fr. Don Hying, Rector. “Saint Francis de Sales Seminary ensures that such grace-filled moments continue as our men move ever closer to ordination and the service of parishes throughout the Archdiocese of Milwaukee.”
The Seminary helps men discern their call to the priesthood through a formation model centered on pastoral service and real-world experience, spiritual grounding in Catholicism, human leadership training, and overall intellectual growth. This diverse curriculum ensures a complete formation of priests who can effectively and compassionately minister in today’s day and age.
Founded in 1845, the Saint Francis de Sales Seminary prepares priests to serve the growing number of Catholics in the Archdiocese of Milwaukee. For more information, visit www.sfs.edu.
- HamBINGO Thursday June 2 to Benefit Second Hand Purrs
- County Offers Free Chess Camps
- World Wide Knit in Public Day Celebration at Cudahy Family Library
- St. Francis Resident Receives Alverno College Degree
- "Click It or Ticket"
- "Click it or Ticket It" Campaign
- Four-Year-Old Kindergarten Registration
- Eat at Transfer Pizzeria May 9-23 to benefit Second Hand Purrs
- Holly and Joey Baird of the Wisconsin Vegetable Gardener at the Cudahy Family Library in June
- Vendor Fair and Bake Sale Sunday May 22