My office has received communication indicating that Phase 2 for the planning of the demolition for the Hoan Bridge has now been put out as a Request for Proposals by the State Department of Transportation.
Last summer, we learned that the developer HNTB had done a schematic on land use without the Hoan Bridge. I’d like to know which elected official is behind this policy directive to demolish the Hoan Bridge. If there is no elected official providing this direction, where does the Secretary of the Department of Transportation obtain the authority to begin planning the demolition of a major artery in our community?
I have submitted an open records request to Department of Transportation Secretary Frank Busalacchi regarding HNTB study of Hoan Bridge. I will be holding public hearings in the community so you can make your voice heard. The Milwaukee County Board’s Transportation Committee plans to address this item at its September meeting. Our community should have input on this issue. Our state representatives need to know what you think.
Representing St. Francis, South Milwaukee, Cudahy, and 2 wards in Oak Creek
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Fun, food and fireworks, it's South Shore Frolic time!
- ATI Physical Therapy Offers Complimentary Screenings at All Locations
- Summer Fun at the St. Francis Library
- City of St. Francis 4th of July Celebration Schedule
- Team Hope Walk/Run to Benefit Huntington's Disease
- The Energy for Life walk Milwaukee to benefit the United Mitochondrial Disease Foundation will be held on September 26th at Greenfield Park
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin to Host Declaration for Donations Blood Drive
- Enjoy Shop St. Francis Week, June 29th to July 5th
- Open House on proposed lakefront luxury residential community June 23rd
- Celebrate South Milwaukee with a Full Week of Heritage Days Activities