My office has received communication indicating that Phase 2 for the planning of the demolition for the Hoan Bridge has now been put out as a Request for Proposals by the State Department of Transportation.
Last summer, we learned that the developer HNTB had done a schematic on land use without the Hoan Bridge. I’d like to know which elected official is behind this policy directive to demolish the Hoan Bridge. If there is no elected official providing this direction, where does the Secretary of the Department of Transportation obtain the authority to begin planning the demolition of a major artery in our community?
I have submitted an open records request to Department of Transportation Secretary Frank Busalacchi regarding HNTB study of Hoan Bridge. I will be holding public hearings in the community so you can make your voice heard. The Milwaukee County Board’s Transportation Committee plans to address this item at its September meeting. Our community should have input on this issue. Our state representatives need to know what you think.
Representing St. Francis, South Milwaukee, Cudahy, and 2 wards in Oak Creek
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Carlos Meyers will appear in Milwaukee Rep Theater's production of A Christmas Carol
- Ye Olde Christmas Feaste
- Local Author's Novel, Schrodinger's Dachshund, Set in Cudahy
- Prasser-Kleczka is donating to Hunger Task Force but we need YOUR help!
- St. Mark's "Night of the Father's Love"
- Church Concert
- Wixon Welcomes Tara Headd, National Account Manager
- The Paper Bag Christmas
- Warm Your Heart Chili & Jewelry Event
- St. Francis Civic Center Gala and Tree Lighting events