ST. FRANCIS COUSINS SUBS® STORE HELPS WITH DONATION THAT NETS THE AMERICAN RED CROSS MORE THAN $4,000 FOR ITS “HEROES” CAMPAIGN
Staff at the St. Francis Cousins Subs store helped net the American Red Cross $4,146 for its “Heroes” campaign in May. The money will be used for disaster relief, prevention and preparedness programs throughout Southeastern Wisconsin.
“We are so incredibly grateful to Cousins Subs for its generosity and community spirit,” said Kathy Fargo, public support officer with the American Red Cross. “This money will go a long way in helping our neighbors in times of trouble. When disaster strikes, it’s crucial to have funds available to make a difference, and Cousins Subs’ donation helps make that possible.”
On May 30, volunteers with the Southeastern Wisconsin chapter of the American Red Cross collected “tips” to benefit the “Heroes” campaign at 32 participating Cousins Subs stores, including the store in St. Francis on E. Layton Ave. The Red Cross’ Disaster Action Team also came to other Cousins Subs locations offering tours of the Disaster Emergency Vehicle (ERV). One of the ERV’s drivers most recently drove to North Dakota to assist residents there with floods.
Cousins Subs was a “Hero” for the 2009 Red Cross campaign, and management says it encourages its employees to get involved in the communities where they live and work.
“We understand the value that organizations like the Red Cross have in our communities. They’re the real heroes,” said Larry Weissman, vice president of marketing for Cousins Subs. “It’s important that they get the funds they need to help people who are in the toughest times of their lives. We’re just proud to do our part in the communities that mean so much to us.”
The funds raised through the Heroes Campaign enable the Red Cross to deliver its programs and services. Each Hero raises $1,000, at a minimum. Through the Heroes campaign, the Red Cross involves as many individuals as possible to raise funds in fun and creative ways.
Cousins Subs is based in Menomonee Falls, and is a national sub sandwich chain with stores throughout the Midwest and on the West Coast. The tradition of Cousins Subs started in 1972, when two transplanted cousins from Atlantic City saw the need for an East Coast-style sub shop in their new hometown. They patterned their subs after the hoagie, grinder, hero and sub sandwiches they enjoyed back East.
- Kitten Baby Shower Saturday May 7 at Second Hand Purrs
- South Milwaukee Little League Opening Day
- Sister Edna’s Jewelry Gets Shiny New Look
- R.A. Smith National Named 2016 Top Workplace by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
- Go Green, Gold and Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness
- Becky’s Blissful Bakery Enters Partnerships to Create Cutting-Edge Caramel Pairings; First of its Kind in the Caramel Industry
- Mass for Anointing of the Sick
- UW-Parkside Adult Learner Open House April 26
- Spring Estate and Rummage Sale at St. Ann Center
- South Milwaukee Performing Arts Center Announces Summer Youth Theatre Willy Wonka KIDS and Alice in Wonderland, JR.