In a continuing effort to remove the sediment from the Lagoon in the Oak Creek above the dam, Restore the Lagoon members will be holding a fund-raising festival. It will be held at the Lagoon site in South Milwaukee, on Saturday, August 9, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m..
Some of the vendors who sell at South Milwaukee’s Farmers Market will set up at the Festival. In addition, food, beverages and baked goods will be available for purchase. There will be a crafts, games, and face-painting for the kids.
A silent auction of various items, including a canvas print of the Lagoon skating scene, will be held.
Live music by Jon Rouse and Friends will begin at 12 noon until 1 p.m. and again after 2 p.m., John Nelson and Mike Kryscio will be playing from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m..
The Festival will give those in attendance the opportunity to observe the build-up of sediment in the Lagoon, and encourage them to support the efforts of the Restore the Lagoon group. Two-thousand persons signed a petition to remove the sediment and 100 residents have Restore The Lagoon signs in their yards. Milwaukee County is aware of the situation, as the Lagoon is on County property, and removal of the sediment is the responsibility of the County.
It is a goal of the Restore The Lagoon group is to assist is this project by helping to raise some of the necessary funds to see this once beautiful area restored to its former glory. We look forward to seeing you there!
Restore The Lagoon
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wixon Adds Protein Project Manager Nathan Radue
- Book Signing & Authentic Viennese Recipes at Library!
- Marching Knights Earn First Place in Class AAAA at WSMA State Marching Band Championships
- FAMILY HALLOWEEN HOUSE
- Honoring Grief - Finding Our Way Through the Holidays
- STAR WARS events at the Oak Creek Library
- A Not-So-Scary Halloween Party
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin Hosts Pregame Platelet Sundays
- SCORE 50th Anniversary Luncheon October 9th
- Cudahy High School Veterans' Day Observance