Local theater company Theater RED is proud to announce that it will produce the world premiere of “A Lady in Waiting” this August at Soulstice Theatre. “A Lady in Waiting,” written by local playwright Liz Shipe, is an adventurous new twist on the legendary story of “Robin Hood,” as told from a female point of view.
This new work showcases Robin Hood as a man, as opposed to a hero, and puts the well-worn characters of Sherwood Forest through conspiracy, death and adventure. Told through the eyes of a servant to Maid Marian, the show creates a more complex Nottingham than in traditional “Robin Hood” fiction; good men lie, bad men are noble, and women try to find their place as more than bargaining chips outside castle walls.
This is the second world premiere production by Theater RED, founded by local actors Christopher Elst and Marcee Doherty-Elst. The Elsts founded Theater RED to produce works that provide substantial roles for women, growth for artists and support new playwrights – especially local work.
In the charitable spirit of Robin Hood, Theater RED and Soulstice Theatre will donate a portion of their box office sales for “A Lady in Waiting” to Hunger Task Force. For more information on the organization and its mission, visit: www.hungertaskforce.org.
Performances of “A Lady in Waiting” will take place August 7-9, 14-16 and 21-23 at 7:30 p.m. at Soulstice Theatre, located at 3770 Pennsylvania Ave., Suite 2 in St. Francis, Wisconsin. The Keith Tamsett Studio Theater seats 80 patrons and offers refreshments before the show and during intermission.
Tickets are $15 and are available for sale at www.theaterred.com. For more information about the show, visit the Theater RED webpage or Facebook page, at www.facebook.com/TheaterRed.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Park for FREE at Mitchell Airport while getting unique gifts for everyone on your list
- Small Business Saturday Is Big at St. Ann Center
- St. Francis Christmas Parade, December 6th 4p.m.
- The Lego Masters At the Library
- Park Friends Welcome Santa
- 2nd annual Larry Penn Memorial Concert
- Families raising money for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
- Ceremony of Carols: Featuring Milwaukee Children’s Choir And Milwaukee Handbell Ensemble
- Local Contractor Joins Campaign for Hunger Relief
- Wixon Welcomes Greg Gonzales, Packaging Operations Manager