SRP 2014 Press Release
Young readers of all ages will be creating sparks at St. Francis Library this summer. The library will present its summer reading programs “Fizz, Boom, Read!” (for kids), and “Spark a Reaction” (for teens), and both can register starting June 2. The library cares about your children and has planned programs to keep them reading and learning all summer. Kids and teens can keep their reading skills and minds active all summer, and earn prizes. Activities will include storytimes, book discussions, crafts, and performers. We’re planning special fun this year, such as science experiments, robot building, kitchen chemistry, nature explorations, and more. Look for a shark week, a plush pet show, mythbusters, an invention convention, making snow in summer, and more! Kids and teens can “read off their fines” during the week of June 16-20 by signing up in the Youth Room. You can win prizes in a weekly treasure hunt, and enter drawings for checking out books. Teens have their own program, with reading for prizes and activities including zombies, pizza tasting, Alka-Seltzer rockets, ghost hunter science, Fear Factor, crafts, Protect Your Peeps, and more.
More information is available on the library’s website at www.stfrancislibrary.org. You can also pick up a flyer at the library, located at 4230 S. Nicholson Ave. in St. Francis, or call (414) 481-7323. All programs are free of charge.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Teen Lock-in
- Agape Players Announces Performance Times and Locations
- 2015 U14 Wisconsin Warriors Baseball Tryouts!!
- First Day of School for St. Francis Public Schools
- Cudahy Historical Society Open House Saturday
- Kelly Senior Center invites you to join their monthly Luncheon Outings
- Fun and Affordable Day Trips through Kelly Senior Center
- Animated Illusionist Ardan James to Perform
- Bay View High School Holding 100th Anniversary
- Cudahy High School Fees & Registration Days