SRP 2014 Press Release
Young readers of all ages will be creating sparks at St. Francis Library this summer. The library will present its summer reading programs “Fizz, Boom, Read!” (for kids), and “Spark a Reaction” (for teens), and both can register starting June 2. The library cares about your children and has planned programs to keep them reading and learning all summer. Kids and teens can keep their reading skills and minds active all summer, and earn prizes. Activities will include storytimes, book discussions, crafts, and performers. We’re planning special fun this year, such as science experiments, robot building, kitchen chemistry, nature explorations, and more. Look for a shark week, a plush pet show, mythbusters, an invention convention, making snow in summer, and more! Kids and teens can “read off their fines” during the week of June 16-20 by signing up in the Youth Room. You can win prizes in a weekly treasure hunt, and enter drawings for checking out books. Teens have their own program, with reading for prizes and activities including zombies, pizza tasting, Alka-Seltzer rockets, ghost hunter science, Fear Factor, crafts, Protect Your Peeps, and more.
More information is available on the library’s website at www.stfrancislibrary.org. You can also pick up a flyer at the library, located at 4230 S. Nicholson Ave. in St. Francis, or call (414) 481-7323. All programs are free of charge.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Little House Book Club at St. Francis Library
- Lego Club Launches at St. Francis Library
- Kohl's Wild Theater
- St. Francis residents win grants through Northwestern Mutual Days of Sharing program
- “Battle of the Bays” Getaway winner announced by BloodCenter of WI
- 2014 Breakfast with Santa
- Sharpen your swords for New Berlin Rotary's Murder Mystery Feb. 7
- Christmas Rummage & Bake Sales at Depot on Saturday
- Wauwatosa Resident Kriete Joins Lutheran Home Foundation Board
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin to Host Season of Giving Blood Drive