The NEW 2014 "Oak Leaf Discovery Tour Passport" event is back again this year with improvements to make navigation simple, safe, and fun for all riders. Your summer fun, on the Oak leaf Trail, begins with the purchase of the Oak Leaf Discovery Tour Passport. This pocket sized book has information about 21 county park locations along the 115 mile Oak Leaf Trail. In addition to a map of the 5 "corridors, there is a large pull out map of the entire Oak Leaf Trail. For a large, interactive view of this map, go on line to www.parkpeoplemke.org.
The Oak Leaf Discovery Trail features 114 miles of loops through major parks and parkways within
the Milwaukee County Parks system. There are off-road paved trails, park drives and municipal streets linked together for bikers, skaters, runners and walkers to enjoy.
To make your run, walk, bike ride and/or exercise choice more fun, when you visit the destinations listed in your Passport, you collect special "stamps" or "keywords" in your Passport. Collect at least 8 unique stamps or a combination of 8 stamps and keywords, register your Passport on line at ww.parkpeoplemke.org, and be eligible to win prizes at the end of summer. Prizes include bikes, bike accessory certificates and park venue passes. You do not need to be present to win.
Sheridan Park Friends is participating in this event. Passports are available at the Cudahy Family Library or the South Shore Cyclery on Packard Avenue , 4 blocks west of the Oak leaf Trail where you can also register, or by calling (414) 769-7689. Passports are only $5.00, $3.00 of which goes to support Sheridan Park's mission and $2.00 goes back to the Oak Leaf Discovery Tour. ( South Shore Cyclery, is a member of Sheridan Park Friends, and has generously donated prizes to the drawing at Estabrook Beer Garden on October 12, 2014.)
Have fun, in addition to the health benefits, you get to enjoy your beautiful Milwaukee County Parks.
- 15th Stu's Flooring Benefit Golf Outing Tees Off
- St Francis School District Rummage Sale
- South Milwaukee Performing Arts Center Presents: The Donny McCaslin Group- Musicians on David Bowie's Blackstar
- Book Release Party at Cudahy Family Library
- Bay View Historical Society Annual Walk on August 6th
- St. Ann Center Gala Promises An Uplifting Experience
- Free Cholesterol Screenings at St. Ann Center
- Oak Creek resident elected to Girl Scout Board
- Dan Bantz, butterfly collector, will be at the Cudahy Family Library in August
- Bargain Book Sale at Cudahy Family Library