My name is Jeff Barker ,I am 11 years old and I am in 5th grade at Deer Creek in St Francis.I got to play Winthrop in The Music Man at the high school this weekend!
My older brothers were also in the musical.Josh is in college and came home as often as he could to rehearse.He played Ewart.Joey goes to the high school and played Oliver.This is even more amazing because Josh has diabetes and Joey has a lung disease.
When Mr O and Mr Edwards asked me if I wanted to play Winthrop,I did not want to do it.I love to sing but usually not in front of other people.I also like sports like baseball,basketball and soccer.But I got to sing,dance and perform in a high school event.I made a lot of friends all the high school kids were nice to me.When it was time to perform,I was nervous,a lot of people came to see the play.But I did it!
After the play,Josh,Joey,and the 2 other barbershop guys,Joe(Shrubs)and Gabe would sing barbershop to people when they left.They let me sing with them.We liked to do that and it seemed like everyone else liked it too!
People say my brothers and me should keep singing in other plays,shows or festivals.I would like to do this I think Josh and Joey would too.I just don't know where we could do this stuff.
I am so glad I got to do this musical!
Maybe someday we can be famous like the Jonas brothers,or the Jacksons!
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- 10-year Anniversary Celebration Saturday September 27
- Support Group for Divorced and Separated
- Wixon Names Kay Aaseby Director of Procurement
- Ss Peter and Paul Celebrates 100th Anniversary
- Importance of Reading Parent Class
- SM Historical Society "Decorating for the Holidays" Seminar
- New Books & Brew Book Club
- St. Francis Business of the Year
- 3rd Annual St. Francis Lions Beer & Wine Tasting
- Tool Time at the St. Francis Library