My name is Jeff Barker ,I am 11 years old and I am in 5th grade at Deer Creek in St Francis.I got to play Winthrop in The Music Man at the high school this weekend!
My older brothers were also in the musical.Josh is in college and came home as often as he could to rehearse.He played Ewart.Joey goes to the high school and played Oliver.This is even more amazing because Josh has diabetes and Joey has a lung disease.
When Mr O and Mr Edwards asked me if I wanted to play Winthrop,I did not want to do it.I love to sing but usually not in front of other people.I also like sports like baseball,basketball and soccer.But I got to sing,dance and perform in a high school event.I made a lot of friends all the high school kids were nice to me.When it was time to perform,I was nervous,a lot of people came to see the play.But I did it!
After the play,Josh,Joey,and the 2 other barbershop guys,Joe(Shrubs)and Gabe would sing barbershop to people when they left.They let me sing with them.We liked to do that and it seemed like everyone else liked it too!
People say my brothers and me should keep singing in other plays,shows or festivals.I would like to do this I think Josh and Joey would too.I just don't know where we could do this stuff.
I am so glad I got to do this musical!
Maybe someday we can be famous like the Jonas brothers,or the Jacksons!
- Kitten Baby Shower Saturday May 7 at Second Hand Purrs
- South Milwaukee Little League Opening Day
- Sister Edna’s Jewelry Gets Shiny New Look
- R.A. Smith National Named 2016 Top Workplace by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
- Go Green, Gold and Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness
- Becky’s Blissful Bakery Enters Partnerships to Create Cutting-Edge Caramel Pairings; First of its Kind in the Caramel Industry
- Mass for Anointing of the Sick
- UW-Parkside Adult Learner Open House April 26
- Spring Estate and Rummage Sale at St. Ann Center
- South Milwaukee Performing Arts Center Announces Summer Youth Theatre Willy Wonka KIDS and Alice in Wonderland, JR.