There is currently an open 4th District Alderperson position in the City of South Milwaukee due to the resignation of Alderperson Erik Brooks. The Common Council will appoint a resident of the 4th District to serve for the remainder of the term (approximately eleven months), until the position is up for election in April 2015.
Any resident within South Milwaukee’s 4th District boundaries, at least 18 years of age and a U.S. Citizen, interested in being interviewed and considered for this appointment, should submit a letter of interest*, proof of citizenship, completed authorization for background check form*, and a resume or a detailed work history to:
City of South Milwaukee
Attn: City Administrator
2424 15th Avenue
South Milwaukee, WI 53172
*Authorization for background check form maybe downloaded from the City’s website: smwi.org/forms-permits/. Your letter of interest should describe in detail such experience and qualifications that you believe make you the best candidate for this position.
Materials may be dropped off in person at the City Administrator’s office, placed in the City Hall 24-hour drop box, or emailed to email@example.com.
All applications must be received by the City Administrator by 12:00 p.m. on Friday, April 25, 2014. No late materials will be accepted.
All materials submitted will become public record and candidates will be subject to a police background check.
At a special meeting of the Common Council scheduled for the evening of Tuesday, April 29, 2014, all qualified applicants will be interviewed. Each candidate will be notified of his/her scheduled interview time. The Council plans to make the appointment at the conclusion of the special meeting.
- Railway Adventure Trip
- 15th Stu's Flooring Benefit Golf Outing Tees Off
- St Francis School District Rummage Sale
- South Milwaukee Performing Arts Center Presents: The Donny McCaslin Group- Musicians on David Bowie's Blackstar
- Book Release Party at Cudahy Family Library
- Bay View Historical Society Annual Walk on August 6th
- St. Ann Center Gala Promises An Uplifting Experience
- Free Cholesterol Screenings at St. Ann Center
- Oak Creek resident elected to Girl Scout Board
- Dan Bantz, butterfly collector, will be at the Cudahy Family Library in August