There is currently an open 4th District Alderperson position in the City of South Milwaukee due to the resignation of Alderperson Erik Brooks. The Common Council will appoint a resident of the 4th District to serve for the remainder of the term (approximately eleven months), until the position is up for election in April 2015.
Any resident within South Milwaukee’s 4th District boundaries, at least 18 years of age and a U.S. Citizen, interested in being interviewed and considered for this appointment, should submit a letter of interest*, proof of citizenship, completed authorization for background check form*, and a resume or a detailed work history to:
City of South Milwaukee
Attn: City Administrator
2424 15th Avenue
South Milwaukee, WI 53172
*Authorization for background check form maybe downloaded from the City’s website: smwi.org/forms-permits/. Your letter of interest should describe in detail such experience and qualifications that you believe make you the best candidate for this position.
Materials may be dropped off in person at the City Administrator’s office, placed in the City Hall 24-hour drop box, or emailed to email@example.com.
All applications must be received by the City Administrator by 12:00 p.m. on Friday, April 25, 2014. No late materials will be accepted.
All materials submitted will become public record and candidates will be subject to a police background check.
At a special meeting of the Common Council scheduled for the evening of Tuesday, April 29, 2014, all qualified applicants will be interviewed. Each candidate will be notified of his/her scheduled interview time. The Council plans to make the appointment at the conclusion of the special meeting.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Fun, food and fireworks, it's South Shore Frolic time!
- ATI Physical Therapy Offers Complimentary Screenings at All Locations
- Summer Fun at the St. Francis Library
- City of St. Francis 4th of July Celebration Schedule
- Team Hope Walk/Run to Benefit Huntington's Disease
- The Energy for Life walk Milwaukee to benefit the United Mitochondrial Disease Foundation will be held on September 26th at Greenfield Park
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin to Host Declaration for Donations Blood Drive
- Enjoy Shop St. Francis Week, June 29th to July 5th
- Open House on proposed lakefront luxury residential community June 23rd
- Kirtan at Tippe