There is currently an open 4th District Alderperson position in the City of South Milwaukee due to the resignation of Alderperson Erik Brooks. The Common Council will appoint a resident of the 4th District to serve for the remainder of the term (approximately eleven months), until the position is up for election in April 2015.
Any resident within South Milwaukee’s 4th District boundaries, at least 18 years of age and a U.S. Citizen, interested in being interviewed and considered for this appointment, should submit a letter of interest*, proof of citizenship, completed authorization for background check form*, and a resume or a detailed work history to:
City of South Milwaukee
Attn: City Administrator
2424 15th Avenue
South Milwaukee, WI 53172
*Authorization for background check form maybe downloaded from the City’s website: smwi.org/forms-permits/. Your letter of interest should describe in detail such experience and qualifications that you believe make you the best candidate for this position.
Materials may be dropped off in person at the City Administrator’s office, placed in the City Hall 24-hour drop box, or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications must be received by the City Administrator by 12:00 p.m. on Friday, April 25, 2014. No late materials will be accepted.
All materials submitted will become public record and candidates will be subject to a police background check.
At a special meeting of the Common Council scheduled for the evening of Tuesday, April 29, 2014, all qualified applicants will be interviewed. Each candidate will be notified of his/her scheduled interview time. The Council plans to make the appointment at the conclusion of the special meeting.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Cudahy School District Increases Aquatics Programming
- End of an Era
- Oak Creek Library Make and Take Craft Program
- An Open Letter to Governor Walker Regarding "Easy" Teacher Licensure
- Lego Club at St. Francis LIbrary
- 2015 St. Francis Police Department Citizen Academy
- Sharpen your sleuthing skills for New Berlin Rotary's Murder Mystery Feb. 7
- Miss West Allis/New Berlin Scholarship Program
- Local Girl Wins Miss Wisconsin Collegiate Title
- Future Cudahy Farmer's Market Valentine Family Fun Night-Fundraiser