Our local elections have a huge impact on our daily life, and many are won by just a few votes. On April 1, you have the opportunity to vote for an alderperson to represent you on the Common Council.
In the past year, decisions made by the Common Council on your behalf include:
• the building of a new Civic Center, which added about $60.00 a year to your tax bill
• the consolidation of the St. Francis and Oak Creek dispatch centers, which will affect the way our Fire and Police Departments operate
• the identification of several “catalytic sites,” places in St. Francis that will be extensively developed or redeveloped
• several large construction projects that will affect traffic, noise levels, and road conditions in our city
These and other decisions might have a positive or a negative impact on St. Francis, but one thing is certain: one alderperson voted into office might have been the deciding factor, and one vote might have put that person on the Council.
Your vote counts.
I need your vote on April 1. I am determined to see that this race is not won by people who want “business as usual,” but by those of us who go out of our way to make a difference.
Please take a few minutes to cast your one very important vote on April 1. Exercise your right to make a difference in your community!
If you have questions about where and how to vote, you can look here: https://myvote.wi.gov/
or here: https://wi-stfrancis.civicplus.com/index.aspx?NID=165
or call our St. Francis City Hall at 481-2300.
Remember you DO NOT need a photo I.D. to vote!
For more information about P.J.:
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Oak Creek Library Make and Take Craft Program Saturday March 7
- Skip Jones ~Songs from Grandpa’s River
- Cinderella at the Avalon: A Cudahy Family Library Benefit
- Movie Time: Big Hero 6
- Bunny Plans Special Stop at Pulaski Pavilion
- Zymbiotics Fine Natrually Fermented Foods now Available at Malicki's Piggly Wiggly on Rawson and at the Outpost Co-op
- 2nd Saturday Wisconsin
- #1 Show Cats in the World live right here in Milwaukee
- Inspired by Love of Their Country, Local Contractor Gifts Veteran Family New Furnace to Help Them through Harsh Winter
- Lenten Concert & Fish Fry