Our local elections have a huge impact on our daily life, and many are won by just a few votes. On April 1, you have the opportunity to vote for an alderperson to represent you on the Common Council.
In the past year, decisions made by the Common Council on your behalf include:
• the building of a new Civic Center, which added about $60.00 a year to your tax bill
• the consolidation of the St. Francis and Oak Creek dispatch centers, which will affect the way our Fire and Police Departments operate
• the identification of several “catalytic sites,” places in St. Francis that will be extensively developed or redeveloped
• several large construction projects that will affect traffic, noise levels, and road conditions in our city
These and other decisions might have a positive or a negative impact on St. Francis, but one thing is certain: one alderperson voted into office might have been the deciding factor, and one vote might have put that person on the Council.
Your vote counts.
I need your vote on April 1. I am determined to see that this race is not won by people who want “business as usual,” but by those of us who go out of our way to make a difference.
Please take a few minutes to cast your one very important vote on April 1. Exercise your right to make a difference in your community!
If you have questions about where and how to vote, you can look here: https://myvote.wi.gov/
or here: https://wi-stfrancis.civicplus.com/index.aspx?NID=165
or call our St. Francis City Hall at 481-2300.
Remember you DO NOT need a photo I.D. to vote!
For more information about P.J.:
- St Francis School District Rummage Sale
- South Milwaukee Performing Arts Center Presents: The Donny McCaslin Group- Musicians on David Bowie's Blackstar
- Book Release Party at Cudahy Family Library
- Bay View Historical Society Annual Walk on August 6th
- St. Ann Center Gala Promises An Uplifting Experience
- Free Cholesterol Screenings at St. Ann Center
- Oak Creek resident elected to Girl Scout Board
- Dan Bantz, butterfly collector, will be at the Cudahy Family Library in August
- Bargain Book Sale at Cudahy Family Library
- First Annual Taste of the Gateway: Wednesday, July 20