Ron Winkler, author and very active member of the Bay View Historical Society, is the featured speaker at our next General Meeting, Tuesday, April 15. His talk was originally set for March but had to be rescheduled until next month.
Ron has just published another book, this time about the history of the old Town of Lake, from which Cudahy was carved.
If you ever wondered why some streets in our city seem very wide while some are very narrow, Ron has the answer. Also, ask him about the “lost” city of New Coln that used to run from Howell Avenue to the lake!
This meeting is also our nominating meeting and we are seeking some candidates for board spots.
General meetings are held in the National Historical Landmark Railroad Depot, 4647 S. Kinnickinnic Ave., and begin at 7 p.m. The event is free and everyone is invited.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- St. Mark's Project Concern Benefit Musical Extravaganza
- Wixon Welcomes Amanda Hill, Buyer
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- Kaboom! St. Francis Library's Summer Reading Program
- OCPL-Throwback Thursdays Movie Night!
- American Cancer Society Seeks Teams for Relay For Life of Milwaukee on June 19
- "The Seeds of Banquo" - a New Play in Angela Iannone's Edwin Booth Series with Theater RED
- Cudahy Historical Society/Police Bicycle Auction Saturday!
- Teen De-Stress Fest