Ron Winkler, author and very active member of the Bay View Historical Society, is the featured speaker at our next General Meeting, Tuesday, April 15. His talk was originally set for March but had to be rescheduled until next month.
Ron has just published another book, this time about the history of the old Town of Lake, from which Cudahy was carved.
If you ever wondered why some streets in our city seem very wide while some are very narrow, Ron has the answer. Also, ask him about the “lost” city of New Coln that used to run from Howell Avenue to the lake!
This meeting is also our nominating meeting and we are seeking some candidates for board spots.
General meetings are held in the National Historical Landmark Railroad Depot, 4647 S. Kinnickinnic Ave., and begin at 7 p.m. The event is free and everyone is invited.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Cudahy Historical Society First Open House This Saturday
- Confronting Abuse and Neglect at Summer Camp
- Art Petalers Fair blooms May 9 at Custom Grown Greenhouse
- Aging Well Conference at UW-Parkside
- UWP Theatre Presents: The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee
- Free Movie and Game Day at St. Francis Library
- State Budget Information Session, Monday, April 20
- South Shore Youth Rugby Club
- LearningRx in Brookfield Donates to Autism Society of Southeastern Wisconsin
- Oak Creek Library Baby Story Time