The Miss St Francis scholarship pageant is still seeking contestants for its 50th annual event. Each Miss St. Francis participant will be offered a scholarship AND for this year only, additional special Kitzinger/Freimuth Anniversary scholarships will be offered!
Miss St Francis 2013 is Cecilia Margraff of South Milwaukee, who received a $2,000 scholarship as Miss St. Francis and over $2,000 in additional scholarships at the Miss Wisconsin pageant last June.
A contestant orientation meeting is scheduled for Sunday, March 2nd at the St. Francis Lions Community center, 3476 E. Howard Avenue, beginning at 1:00 pm. Participants should be prepared to have an individual photo taken following the meeting. Contestants may bring their completed application to the orientation meeting. Participation is limited to ten contestants.
Interested young women may contact Steve Hecker at 414-545-3015, Dave Goltz at 414-483-8353 or Dane Czeszak at 414-481-0511 to obtain an application. Applications are also available on the Miss St. Francis website: http://misssaintfrancis.com
To be eligible to compete for the title of Miss St Francis, contestants should live (previous one year), work full time (40 hours per week for the previous one year) or be a full-time student in the cities of St. Francis, Cudahy, South Milwaukee, Oak Creek or in the 53207 zip code area of Milwaukee (Bay View). Candidates must be U.S. Citizen, must not have been a previous Miss St. Francis or held a state title in the Miss America pageant system; be between the ages of 17 and 24 by December 31, 2014 and a high school graduate by June of this year.
There is no entry fee. Contestants are asked to secure $100 in donations to the Miss America national charity – Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals.
As Miss St Francis 2013, Cecilia Margraff of South Milwaukee, received a $2,000 scholarship and over $2,000 in additional scholarships at Miss Wisconsin.
The 2014 event will be held on Saturday, April 26, 2014 at Saint Thomas More High School.
As a preliminary to the Miss Wisconsin and Miss America programs, Miss St. Francis pageant participants are judged in the following areas of competition: private interview, talent, evening wear, swimsuit and on-stage interview. The winner participates in community events, promotes her personal platform throughout the year, and earns the opportunity to compete for additional scholarships and the title of Miss Wisconsin in June 15-21, 2014. Our current Miss Wisconsin is Paula Mae Kuiper of Racine.
- Kitten Baby Shower Saturday May 7 at Second Hand Purrs
- South Milwaukee Little League Opening Day
- Sister Edna’s Jewelry Gets Shiny New Look
- R.A. Smith National Named 2016 Top Workplace by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
- Go Green, Gold and Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness
- Becky’s Blissful Bakery Enters Partnerships to Create Cutting-Edge Caramel Pairings; First of its Kind in the Caramel Industry
- Mass for Anointing of the Sick
- UW-Parkside Adult Learner Open House April 26
- Spring Estate and Rummage Sale at St. Ann Center
- South Milwaukee Performing Arts Center Announces Summer Youth Theatre Willy Wonka KIDS and Alice in Wonderland, JR.