As a result of having four days of closed school due to extreme cold weather, the district will need to add days and additional minutes to the school year. The State of Wisconsin requires a set number of school days as well as a set number of student minutes each year. If the district closes school again due to extreme cold, snow or other reasons, additional days and minutes will be added to this schedule.
South Milwaukee High School students will have a full day of school on Friday, May 23, 2014, which was previously scheduled as a vacation day. Exams schedules will also be altered at the end of the school year in June with full days now being scheduled on June 12 and 13.
For full details on all school schedules due to these changes, please check the District website at www.sdsm.k12.wi.us. High School parents will also receive detailed information in the parent newsletter, and can check Parent PowerSchool bulletins.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Code & Go: fun, interactive coding event for girls in grades K5-8
- UW-Parkside's October Science Night!
- Wixon Adds Renee Santy, Food Scientist
- Rocktoberfest Beer Tasting
- Rudyard Kipling comes to Milwaukee in advance of his 150th birthday!
- R.A. Smith National Given Green Light from FAA on Commercial Use of Unmanned Aircraft System (UAS)
- Local Contractor on Mission to Educate First Time Homeowners
- St. Thomas More High School Prepares for Recycling Drive
- Bartelt Wins Two MBA Achievement Awards
- Babe's Ice Cream Turns 10 Years Old