As a result of having four days of closed school due to extreme cold weather, the district will need to add days and additional minutes to the school year. The State of Wisconsin requires a set number of school days as well as a set number of student minutes each year. If the district closes school again due to extreme cold, snow or other reasons, additional days and minutes will be added to this schedule.
South Milwaukee High School students will have a full day of school on Friday, May 23, 2014, which was previously scheduled as a vacation day. Exams schedules will also be altered at the end of the school year in June with full days now being scheduled on June 12 and 13.
For full details on all school schedules due to these changes, please check the District website at www.sdsm.k12.wi.us. High School parents will also receive detailed information in the parent newsletter, and can check Parent PowerSchool bulletins.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- St. Mark's Project Concern Benefit Musical Extravaganza
- Wixon Welcomes Amanda Hill, Buyer
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- Kaboom! St. Francis Library's Summer Reading Program
- OCPL-Throwback Thursdays Movie Night!
- American Cancer Society Seeks Teams for Relay For Life of Milwaukee on June 19
- "The Seeds of Banquo" - a New Play in Angela Iannone's Edwin Booth Series with Theater RED
- Cudahy Historical Society/Police Bicycle Auction Saturday!
- Teen De-Stress Fest