For Release: 2-2-2014
From City of St. Francis, Mayor CoryAnn St. Marie-Carls
City of St. Francis Dispatch Services Options: City Council requests more details be presented at February 18th meeting
The St. Francis Common Council has assigned a Committee to prepare a report back to the City of St. Francis Common Council on February 18, 2014 at 7:00 pm.
The Council has directed a Contract Development Committee, which includes the Mayor, City Attorney, City Administrator, Fire Chief, Police Chief and a designee Alderperson, to investigate from the Fire and Police Chief’s any comments, concerns, or issues concerning a potential Dispatch contract with the City of Oak Creek.
In June of 2013, the City began exploring the possibility of the City of St. Francis contracting Emergency Police/Fire/EMS dispatch with the City of Oak Creek Dispatch Center. In December, the City Council Finance Committee recommended this option be further investigated due to potential benefits.
The Council voted to look into the issue further on January 21st, and asked the committee to collect further essential details deemed necessary before a vote or decision on the issue. The committee will report back to the Council at the February 18th meeting.
The Memo document that the Finance Committee reviewed for their recommendation is part of the Mayor's Update #31 in the Feb. 4th Common Council meeting packet on the city website, Click: https://wi-stfrancis.civicplus.com/AgendaCenter/ViewFile/Agenda/02042014-263 or go to www.stfranciswi.org.
All Common Council meetings are posted on the city website and open to the general public. A time for citizen comments is held at the beginning of every Council meeting, when citizens are allowed to speak in front of the entire Council on any city-related topic.
Do not hesitate to call Mayor CoryAnn St. Marie-Carls, at 414-399-0797 if you have questions. Also, if you wish to contact any member of the City Council, contact information for is on our Website Click:
https://wi-stfrancis.civicplus.com/Directory.aspx?DID=12 or go to www.stfranciswi.org
- St Francis School District Rummage Sale
- South Milwaukee Performing Arts Center Presents: The Donny McCaslin Group- Musicians on David Bowie's Blackstar
- Book Release Party at Cudahy Family Library
- Bay View Historical Society Annual Walk on August 6th
- St. Ann Center Gala Promises An Uplifting Experience
- Free Cholesterol Screenings at St. Ann Center
- Oak Creek resident elected to Girl Scout Board
- Dan Bantz, butterfly collector, will be at the Cudahy Family Library in August
- Bargain Book Sale at Cudahy Family Library
- First Annual Taste of the Gateway: Wednesday, July 20