Listen to an interactive presentation about Amtrak and the National Park Service’s Trails & Rails program at the Oak Creek Public Library, on January 7, 2014 from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
This informative presentation will be given by National Park Service volunteers and authors, Robert & Kandace Tabern. The Taberns volunteer on Amtrak's Southwest Chief for approximately 300 miles between Chicago, Illinois and La Plata, Missouri, and provide commentary about the natural and historical features along the route for passengers.
In addition to being the coordinators of the Southwest Chief Trails & Rails program, the pair has written a 219-page book about the interesting natural and historical features of the Southwest Chief train route, titled Outside the rails: a rail route guide from Chicago to La Plata, MO.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- FAMILY HALLOWEEN HOUSE
- Honoring Grief - Finding Our Way Through the Holidays
- STAR WARS events at the Oak Creek Library
- A Not-So-Scary Halloween Party
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin Hosts Pregame Platelet Sundays
- SCORE 50th Anniversary Luncheon October 9th
- Cudahy High School Veterans' Day Observance
- Keeping your Kids Safe this Halloween
- Bartelt Wins Two MBA Achievement Awards
- St. Francis Civic Center Dedication Ceremony October 26th 1p.m.