Listen to an interactive presentation about Amtrak and the National Park Service’s Trails & Rails program at the Oak Creek Public Library, on January 7, 2014 from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
This informative presentation will be given by National Park Service volunteers and authors, Robert & Kandace Tabern. The Taberns volunteer on Amtrak's Southwest Chief for approximately 300 miles between Chicago, Illinois and La Plata, Missouri, and provide commentary about the natural and historical features along the route for passengers.
In addition to being the coordinators of the Southwest Chief Trails & Rails program, the pair has written a 219-page book about the interesting natural and historical features of the Southwest Chief train route, titled Outside the rails: a rail route guide from Chicago to La Plata, MO.
- Kitten Baby Shower Saturday May 7 at Second Hand Purrs
- South Milwaukee Little League Opening Day
- Sister Edna’s Jewelry Gets Shiny New Look
- R.A. Smith National Named 2016 Top Workplace by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
- Go Green, Gold and Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness
- Becky’s Blissful Bakery Enters Partnerships to Create Cutting-Edge Caramel Pairings; First of its Kind in the Caramel Industry
- Mass for Anointing of the Sick
- UW-Parkside Adult Learner Open House April 26
- Spring Estate and Rummage Sale at St. Ann Center
- South Milwaukee Performing Arts Center Announces Summer Youth Theatre Willy Wonka KIDS and Alice in Wonderland, JR.