Listen to an interactive presentation about Amtrak and the National Park Service’s Trails & Rails program at the Oak Creek Public Library, on January 7, 2014 from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
This informative presentation will be given by National Park Service volunteers and authors, Robert & Kandace Tabern. The Taberns volunteer on Amtrak's Southwest Chief for approximately 300 miles between Chicago, Illinois and La Plata, Missouri, and provide commentary about the natural and historical features along the route for passengers.
In addition to being the coordinators of the Southwest Chief Trails & Rails program, the pair has written a 219-page book about the interesting natural and historical features of the Southwest Chief train route, titled Outside the rails: a rail route guide from Chicago to La Plata, MO.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Open House at Cudahy Historical Society Depot This Saturday
- SM Author Jerrianne Hayslett’s Short Story Wins First-Place Prize
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- St. Mark's Project Concern Benefit Musical Extravaganza
- Wixon Welcomes Amanda Hill, Buyer
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- Kaboom! St. Francis Library's Summer Reading Program
- OCPL-Throwback Thursdays Movie Night!
- American Cancer Society Seeks Teams for Relay For Life of Milwaukee on June 19
- "The Seeds of Banquo" - a New Play in Angela Iannone's Edwin Booth Series with Theater RED