Listen to an interactive presentation about Amtrak and the National Park Service’s Trails & Rails program at the Oak Creek Public Library, on January 7, 2014 from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
This informative presentation will be given by National Park Service volunteers and authors, Robert & Kandace Tabern. The Taberns volunteer on Amtrak's Southwest Chief for approximately 300 miles between Chicago, Illinois and La Plata, Missouri, and provide commentary about the natural and historical features along the route for passengers.
In addition to being the coordinators of the Southwest Chief Trails & Rails program, the pair has written a 219-page book about the interesting natural and historical features of the Southwest Chief train route, titled Outside the rails: a rail route guide from Chicago to La Plata, MO.
- World Wide Knit in Public Day Celebration at Cudahy Family Library
- St. Francis Resident Receives Alverno College Degree
- "Click It or Ticket"
- "Click it or Ticket It" Campaign
- Four-Year-Old Kindergarten Registration
- Eat at Transfer Pizzeria May 9-23 to benefit Second Hand Purrs
- Holly and Joey Baird of the Wisconsin Vegetable Gardener at the Cudahy Family Library in June
- Vendor Fair and Bake Sale Sunday May 22
- St. Ann Center Honors Special Friends
- A Right Path Wellness Opens in Bay View with Community Open House May 21 4-8:00