Listen to an interactive presentation about Amtrak and the National Park Service’s Trails & Rails program at the Oak Creek Public Library, on January 7, 2014 from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
This informative presentation will be given by National Park Service volunteers and authors, Robert & Kandace Tabern. The Taberns volunteer on Amtrak's Southwest Chief for approximately 300 miles between Chicago, Illinois and La Plata, Missouri, and provide commentary about the natural and historical features along the route for passengers.
In addition to being the coordinators of the Southwest Chief Trails & Rails program, the pair has written a 219-page book about the interesting natural and historical features of the Southwest Chief train route, titled Outside the rails: a rail route guide from Chicago to La Plata, MO.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Gallery features local photography
- St. Francis in the Information Age
- RED OUT Report Fundraising Efforts a Great Sucess
- Don't Miss the Condo Tradeshow
- Ann Carter-Drier Candidate for 3rd District Alderperson
- Hooray!!! Babes Ice Cream is Reopening on 2/28/14
- Lego Club Builds Again
- Student Art Reception
- Zumba Classes @ St. Francis Rec
- Witness the Fitness