South Milwaukee has a terrific collection of local restaurants. Taste for yourself at the second-annual Taste of South Milwaukee on Monday evening, Nov. 11.
The event, hosted by the South Milwaukee Lions Club, will be held from 4:30 to 8 p.m. at Salvatore’s, 1912 12th Ave. in downtown South Milwaukee. The bar opens at 3 p.m.
Among the participating restaurants:
• Aggie’s Cakes and Pastries
• Cousin’s Subs of South Milwaukee
• Dairy Queen
• Derango’s Pizzeria
• Emerald City Catering
• Greg’s Soup-er Desserts
• Muskie’s Gourmet House
• Nona’s Café
• Pat’s Oak Manor
• Slick Willie’s
• Trattoria di Carlo
Tickets are $10 in advance and $15 at the door. Children 10 and under are $5. All tickets include unlimited samplings. Advanced tickets can be purchased at participating restaurants and from local South Milwaukee Lions members.
Proceeds go to fund the long list of Lions charitable activities. The South Milwaukee Lions lived their “we serve” motto by donating more than $20,000 and thousands of volunteer hours to area organizations and activities in 2012.
“We are excited to bring back this terrific event,” South Milwaukee Lions President Joe Weirich said. “Our first Taste was a big success, and it will be even bigger and better this year. I hope attendees leave with a sense of how strong our local restaurants are – and get a taste of the volunteer spirit and love of community shared by the South Milwaukee Lions.”
Taste also features live music from Abby J & DOTS and Just Rich.
- St Francis School District Rummage Sale
- South Milwaukee Performing Arts Center Presents: The Donny McCaslin Group- Musicians on David Bowie's Blackstar
- Book Release Party at Cudahy Family Library
- Bay View Historical Society Annual Walk on August 6th
- St. Ann Center Gala Promises An Uplifting Experience
- Free Cholesterol Screenings at St. Ann Center
- Oak Creek resident elected to Girl Scout Board
- Dan Bantz, butterfly collector, will be at the Cudahy Family Library in August
- Bargain Book Sale at Cudahy Family Library
- First Annual Taste of the Gateway: Wednesday, July 20