South Milwaukee has a terrific collection of local restaurants. Taste for yourself at the second-annual Taste of South Milwaukee on Monday evening, Nov. 11.
The event, hosted by the South Milwaukee Lions Club, will be held from 4:30 to 8 p.m. at Salvatore’s, 1912 12th Ave. in downtown South Milwaukee. The bar opens at 3 p.m.
Among the participating restaurants:
• Aggie’s Cakes and Pastries
• Cousin’s Subs of South Milwaukee
• Dairy Queen
• Derango’s Pizzeria
• Emerald City Catering
• Greg’s Soup-er Desserts
• Muskie’s Gourmet House
• Nona’s Café
• Pat’s Oak Manor
• Slick Willie’s
• Trattoria di Carlo
Tickets are $10 in advance and $15 at the door. Children 10 and under are $5. All tickets include unlimited samplings. Advanced tickets can be purchased at participating restaurants and from local South Milwaukee Lions members.
Proceeds go to fund the long list of Lions charitable activities. The South Milwaukee Lions lived their “we serve” motto by donating more than $20,000 and thousands of volunteer hours to area organizations and activities in 2012.
“We are excited to bring back this terrific event,” South Milwaukee Lions President Joe Weirich said. “Our first Taste was a big success, and it will be even bigger and better this year. I hope attendees leave with a sense of how strong our local restaurants are – and get a taste of the volunteer spirit and love of community shared by the South Milwaukee Lions.”
Taste also features live music from Abby J & DOTS and Just Rich.
- HamBINGO Thursday June 2 to Benefit Second Hand Purrs
- County Offers Free Chess Camps
- World Wide Knit in Public Day Celebration at Cudahy Family Library
- St. Francis Resident Receives Alverno College Degree
- "Click It or Ticket"
- "Click it or Ticket It" Campaign
- Four-Year-Old Kindergarten Registration
- Eat at Transfer Pizzeria May 9-23 to benefit Second Hand Purrs
- Holly and Joey Baird of the Wisconsin Vegetable Gardener at the Cudahy Family Library in June
- Vendor Fair and Bake Sale Sunday May 22