South Milwaukee has a terrific collection of local restaurants. Taste for yourself at the second-annual Taste of South Milwaukee on Monday evening, Nov. 11.
The event, hosted by the South Milwaukee Lions Club, will be held from 4:30 to 8 p.m. at Salvatore’s, 1912 12th Ave. in downtown South Milwaukee. The bar opens at 3 p.m.
Among the participating restaurants:
• Aggie’s Cakes and Pastries
• Cousin’s Subs of South Milwaukee
• Dairy Queen
• Derango’s Pizzeria
• Emerald City Catering
• Greg’s Soup-er Desserts
• Muskie’s Gourmet House
• Nona’s Café
• Pat’s Oak Manor
• Slick Willie’s
• Trattoria di Carlo
Tickets are $10 in advance and $15 at the door. Children 10 and under are $5. All tickets include unlimited samplings. Advanced tickets can be purchased at participating restaurants and from local South Milwaukee Lions members.
Proceeds go to fund the long list of Lions charitable activities. The South Milwaukee Lions lived their “we serve” motto by donating more than $20,000 and thousands of volunteer hours to area organizations and activities in 2012.
“We are excited to bring back this terrific event,” South Milwaukee Lions President Joe Weirich said. “Our first Taste was a big success, and it will be even bigger and better this year. I hope attendees leave with a sense of how strong our local restaurants are – and get a taste of the volunteer spirit and love of community shared by the South Milwaukee Lions.”
Taste also features live music from Abby J & DOTS and Just Rich.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Friends of Pulaski Park-Cudahy Planning Park Upgrade
- Cudahy School District Increases Aquatics Programming
- End of an Era
- Oak Creek Library Make and Take Craft Program
- An Open Letter to Governor Walker Regarding "Easy" Teacher Licensure
- Lego Club at St. Francis LIbrary
- 2015 St. Francis Police Department Citizen Academy
- Sharpen your sleuthing skills for New Berlin Rotary's Murder Mystery Feb. 7
- Miss West Allis/New Berlin Scholarship Program
- Local Girl Wins Miss Wisconsin Collegiate Title