Interfaith Older Adult Programs, Inc. launches Adults Aging Actively
Interfaith Older Adult Programs, Inc. announced a new pilot program, Adults Aging Actively. Designed to serve people 50 and better, Adults Aging Actively is a social engagement membership group with a mission to enrich the lives of participants through cultural, educational and social activities. Each opportunity is designed to take advantage of the resources of our vibrant community by connecting members to programs, activities and resources that help members stay actively engaged and connected.
Recent research supports the common-sense notion that intellectual and physical activity are important to mental well-being as we age. A longitudinal study of over 1400 older adults in China suggests that engaging in leisure activities has a protective role against cognitive decline. These and other findings support the hypothesis that physical, intellectual and social activities are all important aspects of healthy aging.
Upcoming events include an April 18th performance of Lucky Stiff at the Sunset Playhouse, a heart healthy lunch at Kasana Gourmet in the 3rd Ward on May 1st, a Historic Milwaukee Skywaukee Tour and stop at the Red Elephant Chocolate Café on May 18th. June 18th will find Adults Aging Actively at Boerner Botantical Gardens in Whitnall Park, followed by time in historic downtown Greendale and dinner at Bartolotta’s Joey Gerards restaurant.
Milwaukee county residents interested in learning more about Adults Aging Actively may contact Henry Monaco at 414 220-8624 or Marilyn Lange at 414 525-1425. Information about coming events or to register to attend an event is available at www.interfaithmilw.org and click on Adults Aging Actively on the front page.
- HamBINGO Thursday June 2 to Benefit Second Hand Purrs
- County Offers Free Chess Camps
- World Wide Knit in Public Day Celebration at Cudahy Family Library
- St. Francis Resident Receives Alverno College Degree
- "Click It or Ticket"
- "Click it or Ticket It" Campaign
- Four-Year-Old Kindergarten Registration
- Eat at Transfer Pizzeria May 9-23 to benefit Second Hand Purrs
- Holly and Joey Baird of the Wisconsin Vegetable Gardener at the Cudahy Family Library in June
- Vendor Fair and Bake Sale Sunday May 22