Founded April 20, 1926
Officers: President – Rich Woods; President Elect – Dave Eppelsheimer; Vice president – Eli Potkonjak; Treasurer – Bob Reinhardt; Secretary – Andy Barnes; Immediate Past President – Taylor Poehls.
Directors: Bob Gross, Warren Carity, Kevin Dwyer, Ken Snyder, Tom Schultz, Ed Ellingson, John Foley
Looking forward to the meeting of March 12, 2013
March 16 – Bob Schmidt
March 14 – meeting of directors, Alioto's at noon
NEWS AND NOTES
Meeting notes: Our guests were the officers of the WEHS Key Club, all seniors, who went to the district convention in Green Bay, who came to thank the Club for our support and tell us what they learned about how to manage their own club and about awards given to District 8. Key Club advisor Marty Keck accompanied the Key Club and brought his father, Jim Keck. Marty said he also learned a lot at the convention and plans to use his learning to help the Key Club next year.
Ken Snyder started happy dollars with one for the pancake breakfast last Sunday plus another for the success of the Mukwonago High School basketball teams, including his daughter's team. Bob Reinhardt paid a buck, just happy to be at the meeting. John Foley was happy to see the Key Club but also happy that his youngest son was back from Italy and production of promotional videos for the AS Roma soccer team (see them at www.asroma.it). Bob Gross contributed some dollars because the Scouting district received an award for No. 1 district.
Thanks: Bob Gross read a letter from the Connecticut Scouts, thanking us for our contribution after the Sandy Hook tragedy.
Pancakes: Ken reported that attendance was down significantly this year. The reasons for the decline are unclear, given the lack of a pattern of attendance. Remember to turn ticket money in to Eli.
Interclub: The next field trip will be to Menomonee Falls on March 19 or 26. Tom Schultz will be recruiting, so check your calendars.
Golf: Plan on June 12, and try to round up door prizes.
Program assignments: March 19, Mike D'Amore. March 26, Kevin Sjostrom. April 9 – Gary Knisbeck. April 16 – Ann Tennyson
Meetings: Tuesday noon, Mayfair Mall Community Room
Newsletter Editor - Kevin Sjostrom p Reporter - Ilija Potkonjak p Newsletter distribution: Tom DeLuca
www.wauwatosakiwanis.org www.wiumkiwanis.org www.kiwanis.org
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Open House at Cudahy Historical Society Depot This Saturday
- SM Author Jerrianne Hayslett’s Short Story Wins First-Place Prize
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- St. Mark's Project Concern Benefit Musical Extravaganza
- Wixon Welcomes Amanda Hill, Buyer
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- Kaboom! St. Francis Library's Summer Reading Program
- OCPL-Throwback Thursdays Movie Night!
- American Cancer Society Seeks Teams for Relay For Life of Milwaukee on June 19
- "The Seeds of Banquo" - a New Play in Angela Iannone's Edwin Booth Series with Theater RED