From: South Milwaukee Health & Physical Education Department
RE: American Heart Association “RED OUT” National Event
DATE: 21, January, 2013
South Milwaukee Elementary, Middle & High Schools are partnering with the American Heart Association and hosting their first ever National “RED OUT” all day and into the evening on Friday, February 1st. The “RED OUT” event will be highlighted at the girls’ basketball games as the Rockets host the Falcons from Whitnall. All games are played at the Jerry Sullivan Memorial Gymnasium on the North Campus and the community is encouraged to attend and support our fight against Heart Disease.
Friday, February 1st is the night we Go Red to fight heart disease! Come support your high school basketball teams as they take on Whitnall High School and they slam dunk heart disease. Shirts will be available at the game, along with many other fun Red Out surprises! For every four shirts sold, one life gets saved.
• Bango (Milwaukee Bucks Mascot) and Ronnie Rocket “MEET and GREET”
Come for the game and stay for the lifesaving mission!
You don’t want to miss Bango (Milwaukee Bucks Mascot). He will be at the Junior Varsity Game from 6:15-6:45 PM.
• “Pie a Principal”
Student wearing a “Rock the Beat” t-shirt will be entered into a raffle to have the opportunity to “Pie a Principal”
• Miracle Minute
Bring your extra change to help collect funds to help fight this horrible disease that is the #1 Killer of women age 20 and older. 80% of cardiac deaths are preventable with increased outreach and research.
• Purchase a Shirt to wear Feb. 1st
• Purchase a $1-$3 Heart to display on the walls of the gym
If you would like to purchase you’re “Rock the Beat” t-shirt prior to the event contact Ms. Wack at 414-766-5241 or email email@example.com and arrangements are made to meet you at the Park & Recreation Safety Desk during the school day.
- Kitten Baby Shower Saturday May 7 at Second Hand Purrs
- South Milwaukee Little League Opening Day
- Sister Edna’s Jewelry Gets Shiny New Look
- R.A. Smith National Named 2016 Top Workplace by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
- Go Green, Gold and Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness
- Becky’s Blissful Bakery Enters Partnerships to Create Cutting-Edge Caramel Pairings; First of its Kind in the Caramel Industry
- Mass for Anointing of the Sick
- UW-Parkside Adult Learner Open House April 26
- Spring Estate and Rummage Sale at St. Ann Center
- South Milwaukee Performing Arts Center Announces Summer Youth Theatre Willy Wonka KIDS and Alice in Wonderland, JR.