Festival City Symphony will perform "Roman Holiday," a Symphony Sundays concert, on Sunday, January 27, 2013, at 3:00 p.m. at the Pabst Theater, 144 E. Wells Street.
The orchestra will celebrate Rome in a program, which begins with Berlioz’s “Roman Carnival Overture.” The concert will continue with Ottorino Respighi’s musical travelogue “Pines of Rome,” complete with singing birds. Georges Bizet’s “Symphony No. 2,” an homage to Italy that was referred to as “Souvenirs of Rome” in Bizet’s lifetime, will round out the performance.
All “Symphony Sundays” performances include descriptive program information from the stage by Conductor Monte Perkins. Education Director Jayne Perkins will present Children’s Program Notes at 2:45 p.m. to help children become familiar with the music they are about to hear. Symphony Sundays concerts are best suited for children grade 2 and older.
Admission to each concert is $14 for adults and $8 for children, students, and seniors. Season Ticket Family Packs are available and admit an entire family to the three remaining concerts for just $85. Information about purchasing family packs or group tickets may be obtained by calling Festival City Symphony at 414-963-9067 or by visiting festivalcitysymphony.org. Individual tickets may be purchased by calling the Pabst Theater Box Office at 414-286-3663 or online at pabsttheater.org.
Milwaukee’s Festival City Symphony, the oldest performing symphony orchestra in the area, showcases area professional musicians. Its mission is to extend the reach of classical music in the community with reasonable pricing and informative formats that embrace people of all ages. For more information, visit festivalcitysymphony.org or call 414-963-9067.
- Sister Edna’s Jewelry Gets Shiny New Look
- R.A. Smith National Named 2016 Top Workplace by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
- Go Green, Gold and Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness
- Becky’s Blissful Bakery Enters Partnerships to Create Cutting-Edge Caramel Pairings; First of its Kind in the Caramel Industry
- Mass for Anointing of the Sick
- UW-Parkside Adult Learner Open House April 26
- Spring Estate and Rummage Sale at St. Ann Center
- South Milwaukee Performing Arts Center Announces Summer Youth Theatre Willy Wonka KIDS and Alice in Wonderland, JR.
- Registration for K4 and K5
- St. Francis Historical Society Event