While participating in the statewide Booze and Belts traffic safety mobilization from Dec. 7 to 16 2012, the Cudahy,South Milwaukee, and St Francis Police Department's issued a total of 360 citations and issued 90 warning citations.
The combined efforts of the three police departments during Booze and Belts was not to make more arrests or write more tickets but to get people to make responsible decisions that protect their lives and the lives of others on the road. The hope is that traffic safety enforcement and education efforts eventually will help reduce the number of preventable traffic deaths to zero in Wisconsin.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Build For A Better South Shore
- Wisconsin Cooks Invited to Kick-Start Culinary Dreams
- Town of Lake Author to Speak at Tuesday's Cudahy Historical Society Meeting
- Me and my brothers
- Ron Winkler "Mr. Town of Lake"
- St. Francis Library Spring Party
- Cudahy's Newest Eagle Scouts
- 20th Assembly District Candidate Mike Pierce Names Campaign Manager
- South Milwaukee seeks 4th District Alderperson Candidates
- "Crossings" Street Theater Coming in May