While participating in the statewide Booze and Belts traffic safety mobilization from Dec. 7 to 16 2012, the Cudahy,South Milwaukee, and St Francis Police Department's issued a total of 360 citations and issued 90 warning citations.
The combined efforts of the three police departments during Booze and Belts was not to make more arrests or write more tickets but to get people to make responsible decisions that protect their lives and the lives of others on the road. The hope is that traffic safety enforcement and education efforts eventually will help reduce the number of preventable traffic deaths to zero in Wisconsin.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Bartelt Hosts Hunger Task Force Food Drive
- 2015 GET FIT Workshop - Kelly Senior Center
- MCW to hold graduate school open house
- Toy Drive set for kids in child welfare system
- County Executive Abele to Attend South Milwaukee Meet the Mayor Event
- Slovak Artistic Heritage on Display at Holiday Folk Fair International
- Dream Journals for 'Tweens & Teens at the Oak Creek Library
- Build With the Lego Masters!
- Free Showing of "How to Train Your Dragon 2" at St. Francis Library
- St. Francis-Based PIONEER TRAVEL Joins Top Travel Professionals in Orlando for Major Industry Conference