"Eggs 1, 2, 3: Who Will the Babies Be?" by South Milwaukee author Janet Halfmann has made the New York Public Library's 2012 Children's List of 100 Titles for Reading & Sharing!
Here's how the judges described the book: "What hatches from eggs? Discover the answer in this counting book, riddle book, and natural-history book all in one."
Eggs 1, 2, 3 is a lift-the-flap picture book for children ages 2-6. It is Illustrated by Betsy Thompson, and published by Blue Apple Books
The librarian judging committee that chose the 100 books said, "Indeed, readers can be assured that there’s no shortage of creativity in the world of storytelling. The New York Public Library’s librarians invite you to peruse these offerings and find just the right stories to put in the hands of your favorite children—complete with a strong dose of imagination and a dash of whimsy."
Halfmann will be selling and signing Eggs 1, 2, 3 and her other books at the SM Christmas Market Sat, Dec 8, 10 am-3 pm, South Milwaukee High School, 801 15th Ave.
You can find out more about her books here:
You can find the entire NYPL list here:
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wixon Adds Protein Project Manager Nathan Radue
- Book Signing & Authentic Viennese Recipes at Library!
- Marching Knights Earn First Place in Class AAAA at WSMA State Marching Band Championships
- FAMILY HALLOWEEN HOUSE
- Honoring Grief - Finding Our Way Through the Holidays
- STAR WARS events at the Oak Creek Library
- A Not-So-Scary Halloween Party
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin Hosts Pregame Platelet Sundays
- SCORE 50th Anniversary Luncheon October 9th
- Cudahy High School Veterans' Day Observance