Dancing runs in the family and is a way of life for sisters Sydney and Karley Farber of Cudahy , who have been cast in this year's production of the Milwaukee Ballet's "The Nutcracker". Both girls have been dancing since the age of 3 and currently practice a combined 14 hours a week. Their commitment and hard work has paid off for them, as Karley's role as an angel and Sydney's role as a party kid are coveted spots that hundreds of other students auditioned for.
Performing in The Nutcracker provides the sisters the opportunity to be a part of a large scale, professional production that brings in tens of thousands of observers annually. Most exciting for the girls is the chance to dance directly alongside the professional dancers from the Milwaukee Ballet Company- a magical and once in a lifetime opportunity for ballerinas their age.
Despite having different parts, Sydney, 10, helped Karley, 7, prepare for the difficult audition process, and now, the rehearsal and performance aspect of the show. This is Sydney's fourth consecutive year being cast in the holiday classic and she looks forward to watching her younger sister experience it for the first time.
Dance isn't the only thing the girls dedicate their time to. They are also active in soccer, swim, Student Council, as well as play the piano and violin. They are the daughters of proud parents Tim and Dana Farber.
The Nutcracker runs from Saturday, December 8th through Wednesday, December 26th. Ticket information can be found at www.milwaukeeballet.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- UW-Parkside and Choral Arts Society Present "The Sorcerer"
- SM Author's "Animal Teachers" Wins Wisconsin Award
- South Shore enews update
- Oak Creek Library Kid Flicks Thursday April 9 at 1:30 p.m.
- 3rd Annual South Milwaukee Breakfast with the Easter Bunny & Easter Egg Hunt
- Print all In new window NEWCASTLE PLACE TO HOST MEMORIES IN THE MAKING ART SHOWCASE
- HISPANIC PROFESSIONALS OF GREATER MILWAUKEE ANNOUNCES CRISTINA SARALEGUI AS KEYNOTE SPEAKER FOR FIVE STAR GALA
- Wilson Senior Center Travel Outing - Peter and the Starcatcher at the Rep on May 13
- BloodCenter to Host Milwaukee Bucks Blood Drive
- Bunny Party at the St. Francis Library