The popular South Milwaukee Christmas Market is back for a third year – this time at a new location.
The event is Saturday, Dec. 8, at South Milwaukee High School, 801 15th Ave. Hours are 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
The market will feature dozens of market vendors – and some new faces – selling arts, crafts, organics, baked goods and other specialty items just in time for Christmas.
“We’re really excited to bring this event to South Milwaukee High School, and we thank them for their partnership,” said South Milwaukee Alderman and market co-founder Erik Brooks. “Our high school is a real community attraction and the perfect venue to hold the market. We look forward to showing off this jewel.”
Live Christmas music from local acts and students is also planned throughout the market, and the South Milwaukee Performing Arts Center is presenting Gypsy Geoff, who will roam the crowd and do special performances at noon and 1 p.m.
“We’re excited to host this terrific event,” said Chad Piechocki, director of community engagement for the South Milwaukee School District and director of the South Milwaukee Performing Arts Center. “We are always looking for ways to partner with community organizations, and this was a natural fit.”
Summer Market Dates Announced
South Milwaukee Downtown Market officials also announced they will start their 2013 summer season on Thursday, May 23. The season will conclude Oct. 10.
The 21 summer markets will be held from 3 to 7 p.m. every Thursday on 11th Avenue south of Milwaukee Avenue.
“We look forward to our fifth season in 2013,” said South Milwaukee City Clerk Jim Shelenske, the market’s co-founder. “We’ve established ourselves as one of the best farmers’ markets around, and we’ll be back bigger and better than ever next year.”
Vendors interested in selling at the market should visit the market website for applications, rules and other important information.
- "Click It or Ticket"
- "Click it or Ticket It" Campaign
- Four-Year-Old Kindergarten Registration
- Eat at Transfer Pizzeria May 9-23 to benefit Second Hand Purrs
- Holly and Joey Baird of the Wisconsin Vegetable Gardener at the Cudahy Family Library in June
- Vendor Fair and Bake Sale Sunday May 22
- St. Ann Center Honors Special Friends
- A Right Path Wellness Opens in Bay View with Community Open House May 21 4-8:00
- Bartelt Wins Two Regional Chrysalis Awards
- Liturgical Musicians Honor Sister Mary Jane Wagner