This holiday season, the Shorewood Business Improvement District and North Star American Bistro are teaming up to host a free holiday dining etiquette class for kids ages 7-12 years old. The class takes place Saturday, December 8 at North Star American Bistro, 4518 N. Oakland Avenue from 10:30 a.m. -Noon.
Get ready for a fun learning experience with local expert Margery Sinclair! Since 1980, Margery has taught professional and social etiquette classes for schools, colleges and corporations.
Children who grow up with knowledge of manners have a lifelong advantage in job situations and personal relationships. This fun class will include shaking hands (with eye contact, good posture, and a smile), practice in setting the table, how to hold the silverware, what to say if you don't like the food, and thanking the host. The reasons for the rules are always made clear.
Kids will practice the new skills during a light lunch. Margery makes learning etiquette easy and fun - and kids will be the stars of any family holiday gathering or formal meal out this season.
The class is FREE and limited to the first 15 children who sign up. Lunch is included. Email email@example.com to register or for more info.
This class is presented as part of the Shorewood Business Improvement District's holiday shopping event Stop, Shop & Restore, which takes place on Saturday, Dec. 8 from 10 a.m.- 5 p.m. For more info, visit www.shorewoodwi.com.
- HamBINGO Thursday June 2 to Benefit Second Hand Purrs
- County Offers Free Chess Camps
- World Wide Knit in Public Day Celebration at Cudahy Family Library
- St. Francis Resident Receives Alverno College Degree
- "Click It or Ticket"
- "Click it or Ticket It" Campaign
- Four-Year-Old Kindergarten Registration
- Eat at Transfer Pizzeria May 9-23 to benefit Second Hand Purrs
- Holly and Joey Baird of the Wisconsin Vegetable Gardener at the Cudahy Family Library in June
- Vendor Fair and Bake Sale Sunday May 22