A record number of swimmers and families showed up to join the new Schroeder South YMCA Swim Team at the recent tryout held at Deer Creek Intermediate School in St. Francis.
"We're really pleased with the turnout, but we still have openings," said Robert White, Jr., head coach of Schroeder South YMCA. "Kids ages 6-9 can tryout by coming to the Deer Creek Pool Tuesday evenings from 5:30 - 6:30 p.m. Kids who are 10 -14 can come Tuesdays from 6:30 - 7:30 p.m. All of them do have to be able to swim a length of the pool, which is 25 yards freestyle or front crawl."
Coach White added that Schroeder South YMCA swimmers are trained by full-time, professional coaches, and that the kids are already gaining confidence at practice while they have fun making new friends.
Coming attractions for the new team include: Equipment Night/Parent Info Meeting, Tuesday, November 27th at 6:15 p.m. at Deer Creek Pool, a holiday practice in December with prizes and surprises, and a swimming meet where the kids will do some racing.
For more information about the new team, contact Coach Ann White at 414-897-8932.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- SM Author Jerrianne Hayslett’s Short Story Wins First-Place Prize
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- St. Mark's Project Concern Benefit Musical Extravaganza
- Wixon Welcomes Amanda Hill, Buyer
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- Kaboom! St. Francis Library's Summer Reading Program
- OCPL-Throwback Thursdays Movie Night!
- American Cancer Society Seeks Teams for Relay For Life of Milwaukee on June 19
- "The Seeds of Banquo" - a New Play in Angela Iannone's Edwin Booth Series with Theater RED
- Cudahy Historical Society/Police Bicycle Auction Saturday!