The Friends of Grant Park, Sheridan Park Friends, and South Shore Park Watch are hosting a potluck meeting of parks friends groups in the South Shore. This event will be held on Thursday, November 8, at 6 p.m. at Grant Park Golf Course Clubhouse (100 E. Hawthorn Ave., South Milwaukee).
The Parks Department will provide an update on the lakefront parks. I will summarize the 2013 Budget's impact on the parks. The organizations will discuss shoreline stabilization, beach health and other shared concerns. In the future, the groups may partner to host speakers on bluff protection, bird migration, beach management and other topics.
All residents interested in the lakefront are welcome to participate.
Representing Milwaukee County's 8th Supervisory District (St. Francis, South Milwaukee, Cudahy, and 2 wards in Oak Creek)
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Local Author Anna Passanter at the Cudahy Family Library
- Cudahy Historical Society First Open House This Saturday
- Confronting Abuse and Neglect at Summer Camp
- Art Petalers Fair blooms May 9 at Custom Grown Greenhouse
- Aging Well Conference at UW-Parkside
- UWP Theatre Presents: The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee
- Free Movie and Game Day at St. Francis Library
- State Budget Information Session, Monday, April 20
- South Shore Youth Rugby Club
- LearningRx in Brookfield Donates to Autism Society of Southeastern Wisconsin