St Lucas Evangelical Lutheran Church is celebrating the 140th anniversary of its founding the weekend of November 3-4. The anniversary theme is, “Rooted in the Rock for 140 Years.”
Professor Thomas Nass of Martin Luther College, New Ulm, MN, will serve as guest preacher for the 5 pm Saturday service and the 8:30 and 10:45 Sunday morning services. Professor Nass is a former pastor at St Lucas.
The weekend will also mark the congregation’s return to holding worship services in its historic church building after several months of extensive renovation in the building’s lower level.
“During [the renovation], we’ve been holding our worship services in our school gymnasium,” said Peter Unnasch, associate pastor at St Lucas. “It’s just wonderful timing that we can now celebrate our anniversary with a return to our beautiful worship space.”
The church is located at 2605 S Kinnickinnic Avenue in Bay View. For more information please call 483-9122 or go to www.saintlucas.org
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Bunny Plans Special Stop at Pulaski Pavilion
- Zymbiotics Fine Natrually Fermented Foods now Available at Malicki's Piggly Wiggly on Rawson and at the Outpost Co-op
- 2nd Saturday Wisconsin
- #1 Show Cats in the World live right here in Milwaukee
- Inspired by Love of Their Country, Local Contractor Gifts Veteran Family New Furnace to Help Them through Harsh Winter
- Lenten Concert & Fish Fry
- HamBINGO Thursday February 26 to Benefit Second Hand Purrs
- Wixon Adds Bryan Mazur, Key Account Manager – Consumer Products
- Candy Creations for Teens @ the Oak Creek Library (3/19/15)
- Sing, Swing & Play: Benefit for the St. Francis All Abilities Playground