Carnelle Scott wants nothing more than to win the Miss Firecracker Contest. In doing so she hopes to emulate her cousin Elain’s win some years ago and repair her reputation of being promiscuous. So when her eccentric cousin Delmount returns home to sell the house, Carnelle finds this to be the opportunity of a lifetime. A chance for her to go out in a blaze of glory. Carnelle is aided in her quest for the crown by a kind seamstress, Popeye, and her old flame, Mac Sam. Despite setbacks throughout the process, Carnelle decides she is going to give the contest her best shot and discovers she is much more than “Miss Hot Tamale.”
(Written by Beth Henley, Directed by Rebecca Greasby, Set and Technical Direction by Bob Sagadin, Costumes by Dana Rochester)
"The Miss Firecracker Contest" will be presented Thursday, Friday and Saturday evening at 7:30 p.m. at The Prairie School, John Mitchell Theatre.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Milwaukee Succeeds releases Milestone Report
- Village of Shorewood Seeks Artists for Plein Air Art Festival
- Creative Catering BBQ Demos Set For June 13 at South Milwaukee Market
- Bake and Bag Sale for a Cause
- Become Your Own Boss at the Oak Creek Library
- Wisconsin Ranks 20th for Senior Health
- JJ Singer graduates with a Doctorate in Pharmacy
- Garlic Mustard Pickers at First Congregational
- Graef Recognized by Wisconsin Chapter of American Planning Association
- Miss St. Francis 2013, Cecilia Margraff leaves for Miss Wisconsin Competition