The Kiwanis Club of Cudahy-St. Francis held its annual officer installation ceremony on October 4. The 2012-2013 officers include Kathy Krause, President; Craig Wesley, Vice-president; Ron Thein, Treasurer; and John Zodrow, Secretary.
Kiwanis is a service organization of volunteers dedicated to helping children and to making their communities a better place to live. The Kiwanis Club of Cudahy-St. Francis, chartered in 1936, is one of the oldest clubs in southeastern Wisconsin. Examples of recent service projects include the purchase and delivery of Thanksgiving and Easter dinner baskets to families in need, delivery of Christmas toys to underprivileged children, support for the Ronald McDonald House and MACC Fund, meal service at St. Ben’s every first Wednesday of the month, and continuation of the hospital equipment lending program.
To kick off the club’s new year, President Kathy Krause has initiated a membership drive. “We are looking for people of any age who want to give back to their community,” announced Krause. “Our club is special because it is the only one in the South Shore area that meets in the evening, a definite benefit for those who cannot get away during the work day”.
The Kiwanis Club of Cudahy-St. Francis meets on the 1st and 3rd Thursdays at 6:10 pm at the Polonez Restaurant, 4016 S. Packard Avenue, St. Francis (414-482-0084). Prospective members are invited to attend a club meeting as a guest in order to meet members and learn more about Kiwanis. Questions about membership can also be directed to President Kathy Krause (414-315-1277 or email@example.com) or Secretary John Zodrow (414-769-7677 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Bunny Plans Special Stop at Pulaski Pavilion
- Zymbiotics Fine Natrually Fermented Foods now Available at Malicki's Piggly Wiggly on Rawson and at the Outpost Co-op
- 2nd Saturday Wisconsin
- #1 Show Cats in the World live right here in Milwaukee
- Inspired by Love of Their Country, Local Contractor Gifts Veteran Family New Furnace to Help Them through Harsh Winter
- Lenten Concert & Fish Fry
- HamBINGO Thursday February 26 to Benefit Second Hand Purrs
- Wixon Adds Bryan Mazur, Key Account Manager – Consumer Products
- Candy Creations for Teens @ the Oak Creek Library (3/19/15)
- Sing, Swing & Play: Benefit for the St. Francis All Abilities Playground