The Kiwanis Club of Cudahy-St. Francis held its annual officer installation ceremony on October 4. The 2012-2013 officers include Kathy Krause, President; Craig Wesley, Vice-president; Ron Thein, Treasurer; and John Zodrow, Secretary.
Kiwanis is a service organization of volunteers dedicated to helping children and to making their communities a better place to live. The Kiwanis Club of Cudahy-St. Francis, chartered in 1936, is one of the oldest clubs in southeastern Wisconsin. Examples of recent service projects include the purchase and delivery of Thanksgiving and Easter dinner baskets to families in need, delivery of Christmas toys to underprivileged children, support for the Ronald McDonald House and MACC Fund, meal service at St. Ben’s every first Wednesday of the month, and continuation of the hospital equipment lending program.
To kick off the club’s new year, President Kathy Krause has initiated a membership drive. “We are looking for people of any age who want to give back to their community,” announced Krause. “Our club is special because it is the only one in the South Shore area that meets in the evening, a definite benefit for those who cannot get away during the work day”.
The Kiwanis Club of Cudahy-St. Francis meets on the 1st and 3rd Thursdays at 6:10 pm at the Polonez Restaurant, 4016 S. Packard Avenue, St. Francis (414-482-0084). Prospective members are invited to attend a club meeting as a guest in order to meet members and learn more about Kiwanis. Questions about membership can also be directed to President Kathy Krause (414-315-1277 or email@example.com) or Secretary John Zodrow (414-769-7677 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- St. Mark's Project Concern Benefit Musical Extravaganza
- Wixon Welcomes Amanda Hill, Buyer
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- Kaboom! St. Francis Library's Summer Reading Program
- OCPL-Throwback Thursdays Movie Night!
- American Cancer Society Seeks Teams for Relay For Life of Milwaukee on June 19
- "The Seeds of Banquo" - a New Play in Angela Iannone's Edwin Booth Series with Theater RED
- Cudahy Historical Society/Police Bicycle Auction Saturday!
- Teen De-Stress Fest