Racine, September 24, 2012 - Over 15 years ago, a group of dedicated volunteers set their sites on creating a fundraising event that brought people together through the game of golf. Today, the Prairie Scholarship Golf Classic, has raised over $1 million since its start. Last year’s Golf Classic provided financial support to 17 students. This year, the goal is to support 20 students.
The Prairie School will be hosting it’s 16th Annual Golf Classic on September 21, 2012 at the Racine Country Club (address). The Golf Classic, founded by John B. Gittings and the late Joseph A. Marino, has created revenue to support financial aid for deserving Prairie students who otherwise could not afford the full cost of tuition.
Major sponsors for this year’s outing include: Andis Corporation; Educator’s Credit Union; Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper &Scinto; Jon Henderson Real Estate; Johnson Bank; Johnson Outdoors; S.C. Johnson; Langendorf Funeral Home; McGladrey; PNC Financial; Reinhart, Boerner, Van Deuren, S.C.; Ruud Family Foundation; Sealed Air; Stubby’s Pub & Grub and Twin Disc.
We invite the community to participate and join in this year’s outing. Questions should be directed to Ann Maccani at Prairie School, 260-7212.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Great Lakes Lighthouses Speaker at Next Cudahy Historical Society Meeting
- Best Presents Aren't Things presented by Kathi Miller
- St. Ann Center Indoor Market starts Saturday!
- South Milwaukee Lions Step up to Help Community Organizations
- Cousins Subs Donation Night Wednesday October 29
- New South Shore Wine Tasting Event Sets Date
- Wixon Adds Protein Project Manager Nathan Radue
- Book Signing & Authentic Viennese Recipes at Library!
- Marching Knights Earn First Place in Class AAAA at WSMA State Marching Band Championships
- FAMILY HALLOWEEN HOUSE