Racine, September 24, 2012 - Over 15 years ago, a group of dedicated volunteers set their sites on creating a fundraising event that brought people together through the game of golf. Today, the Prairie Scholarship Golf Classic, has raised over $1 million since its start. Last year’s Golf Classic provided financial support to 17 students. This year, the goal is to support 20 students.
The Prairie School will be hosting it’s 16th Annual Golf Classic on September 21, 2012 at the Racine Country Club (address). The Golf Classic, founded by John B. Gittings and the late Joseph A. Marino, has created revenue to support financial aid for deserving Prairie students who otherwise could not afford the full cost of tuition.
Major sponsors for this year’s outing include: Andis Corporation; Educator’s Credit Union; Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper &Scinto; Jon Henderson Real Estate; Johnson Bank; Johnson Outdoors; S.C. Johnson; Langendorf Funeral Home; McGladrey; PNC Financial; Reinhart, Boerner, Van Deuren, S.C.; Ruud Family Foundation; Sealed Air; Stubby’s Pub & Grub and Twin Disc.
We invite the community to participate and join in this year’s outing. Questions should be directed to Ann Maccani at Prairie School, 260-7212.
- Liturgical Musicians Honor Sister Mary Jane Wagner
- Wauwatosa Artist Featured at Racine Gallery
- Join the Fight Against Cancer! Register for the Relay For Life of the Southern Eight!
- Governor Walker Invests in Cudahy for Fab Lab Equipment
- Kitten Baby Shower Saturday May 7 at Second Hand Purrs
- South Milwaukee Little League Opening Day
- Sister Edna’s Jewelry Gets Shiny New Look
- R.A. Smith National Named 2016 Top Workplace by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
- Go Green, Gold and Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness
- Becky’s Blissful Bakery Enters Partnerships to Create Cutting-Edge Caramel Pairings; First of its Kind in the Caramel Industry