South Shore Lodge No. 3 Donate Life Saving Equipment to the South Milwaukee Police Department
On Tuesday, August 21, 2012 at the South Milwaukee Common Council meeting the South Shore Lodge No. 3 Free and Accepted Masons of Wisconsin presented the South Milwaukee Police Department with a check for $2,346.72 for the purchase of personal safety equipment.
In early 2012 the Police Department identified personal safety equipment which could assist in a critical trauma event to either an officer or citizen. Unfortunately with a restricted budget the Department was unable to purchase this vital safety equipment. In May 2012 Chief Wellens reached out to Mason Byron Borck and a partnership developed between the Police Department and South Shore Lodge No. 3 to accomplish this goal.
The safety equipment consists of a tourniquet kit and military grade gauze. The goal was to provide every officer of the Department with this life saving equipment. The South Shore Lodge No. 3 members understood the value of this equipment and approved funding the entire goal; providing every officer of the Department with this equipment and purchasing additional gauze for each the the squads. With the recent tragic events in the City of Oak Creek this equipment has become ever more important.
The South Milwaukee Police Department is very grateful to the South Shore Lodge No. 3 Free and Accepted Masons of Wisconsin for their partnership and support. Without the assistance of the South Shore Lodge No. 3 I am uncertain this life saving equipment could have been purchased.
On behalf of the members of the South Milwaukee Police Department and the citizens of the City of South Milwaukee I would like to thank the South Shore Lodge No. 3 Free and Accepted Masons of Wisconsin for the generous donation to the South Milwaukee Police Department.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Park for FREE at Mitchell Airport while getting unique gifts for everyone on your list
- Small Business Saturday Is Big at St. Ann Center
- St. Francis Christmas Parade, December 6th 4p.m.
- The Lego Masters At the Library
- Park Friends Welcome Santa
- 2nd annual Larry Penn Memorial Concert
- Families raising money for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
- Ceremony of Carols: Featuring Milwaukee Children’s Choir And Milwaukee Handbell Ensemble
- Local Contractor Joins Campaign for Hunger Relief
- Wixon Welcomes Greg Gonzales, Packaging Operations Manager