Groovy Movie Nites are back, as outdoor movies return to downtown South Milwaukee for three Thursdays in August.
The shows will be held on Thursday, August 2, 9 and 16 following the South Milwaukee Downtown Market near the corner of 11th and Milwaukee Avenues.
Here is the family-friendly lineup, with all movies beginning at dusk, around 8:15 p.m.:
• August 2: Tangled
• August 9: The Smurfs
• August 16: The Wizard of Oz
Feel free to show up early to get a good spot. The Downtown Market – with its dozens of vendors selling organics, produce, arts, crafts, baked goods and prepared foods – runs from 3 to 7 p.m. And music and games are scheduled before each movie at 7:30 p.m.
Bring your lawn chairs or blankets, and your family and friends.
“It’s great to bring an event like this downtown – and outdoor movies are a natural fit,” said Alderwoman Lisa Pieper. “The movies were a big hit last year, and our sponsors really stepped up to bring this family-friendly entertainment back for a second season.”
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Local Author Anna Passanter at the Cudahy Family Library
- Cudahy Historical Society First Open House This Saturday
- Confronting Abuse and Neglect at Summer Camp
- Art Petalers Fair blooms May 9 at Custom Grown Greenhouse
- Aging Well Conference at UW-Parkside
- UWP Theatre Presents: The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee
- Free Movie and Game Day at St. Francis Library
- State Budget Information Session, Monday, April 20
- South Shore Youth Rugby Club
- LearningRx in Brookfield Donates to Autism Society of Southeastern Wisconsin