Groovy Movie Nites are back, as outdoor movies return to downtown South Milwaukee for three Thursdays in August.
The shows will be held on Thursday, August 2, 9 and 16 following the South Milwaukee Downtown Market near the corner of 11th and Milwaukee Avenues.
Here is the family-friendly lineup, with all movies beginning at dusk, around 8:15 p.m.:
• August 2: Tangled
• August 9: The Smurfs
• August 16: The Wizard of Oz
Feel free to show up early to get a good spot. The Downtown Market – with its dozens of vendors selling organics, produce, arts, crafts, baked goods and prepared foods – runs from 3 to 7 p.m. And music and games are scheduled before each movie at 7:30 p.m.
Bring your lawn chairs or blankets, and your family and friends.
“It’s great to bring an event like this downtown – and outdoor movies are a natural fit,” said Alderwoman Lisa Pieper. “The movies were a big hit last year, and our sponsors really stepped up to bring this family-friendly entertainment back for a second season.”
- St Francis School District Rummage Sale
- South Milwaukee Performing Arts Center Presents: The Donny McCaslin Group- Musicians on David Bowie's Blackstar
- Book Release Party at Cudahy Family Library
- Bay View Historical Society Annual Walk on August 6th
- St. Ann Center Gala Promises An Uplifting Experience
- Free Cholesterol Screenings at St. Ann Center
- Oak Creek resident elected to Girl Scout Board
- Dan Bantz, butterfly collector, will be at the Cudahy Family Library in August
- Bargain Book Sale at Cudahy Family Library
- First Annual Taste of the Gateway: Wednesday, July 20