Groovy Movie Nites are back, as outdoor movies return to downtown South Milwaukee for three Thursdays in August.
The shows will be held on Thursday, August 2, 9 and 16 following the South Milwaukee Downtown Market near the corner of 11th and Milwaukee Avenues.
Here is the family-friendly lineup, with all movies beginning at dusk, around 8:15 p.m.:
• August 2: Tangled
• August 9: The Smurfs
• August 16: The Wizard of Oz
Feel free to show up early to get a good spot. The Downtown Market – with its dozens of vendors selling organics, produce, arts, crafts, baked goods and prepared foods – runs from 3 to 7 p.m. And music and games are scheduled before each movie at 7:30 p.m.
Bring your lawn chairs or blankets, and your family and friends.
“It’s great to bring an event like this downtown – and outdoor movies are a natural fit,” said Alderwoman Lisa Pieper. “The movies were a big hit last year, and our sponsors really stepped up to bring this family-friendly entertainment back for a second season.”
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Fun, food and fireworks, it's South Shore Frolic time!
- ATI Physical Therapy Offers Complimentary Screenings at All Locations
- Summer Fun at the St. Francis Library
- City of St. Francis 4th of July Celebration Schedule
- Team Hope Walk/Run to Benefit Huntington's Disease
- The Energy for Life walk Milwaukee to benefit the United Mitochondrial Disease Foundation will be held on September 26th at Greenfield Park
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin to Host Declaration for Donations Blood Drive
- Enjoy Shop St. Francis Week, June 29th to July 5th
- Open House on proposed lakefront luxury residential community June 23rd
- Kirtan at Tippe