Groovy Movie Nites are back, as outdoor movies return to downtown South Milwaukee for three Thursdays in August.
The shows will be held on Thursday, August 2, 9 and 16 following the South Milwaukee Downtown Market near the corner of 11th and Milwaukee Avenues.
Here is the family-friendly lineup, with all movies beginning at dusk, around 8:15 p.m.:
• August 2: Tangled
• August 9: The Smurfs
• August 16: The Wizard of Oz
Feel free to show up early to get a good spot. The Downtown Market – with its dozens of vendors selling organics, produce, arts, crafts, baked goods and prepared foods – runs from 3 to 7 p.m. And music and games are scheduled before each movie at 7:30 p.m.
Bring your lawn chairs or blankets, and your family and friends.
“It’s great to bring an event like this downtown – and outdoor movies are a natural fit,” said Alderwoman Lisa Pieper. “The movies were a big hit last year, and our sponsors really stepped up to bring this family-friendly entertainment back for a second season.”
- HamBINGO Thursday June 2 to Benefit Second Hand Purrs
- County Offers Free Chess Camps
- World Wide Knit in Public Day Celebration at Cudahy Family Library
- St. Francis Resident Receives Alverno College Degree
- "Click It or Ticket"
- "Click it or Ticket It" Campaign
- Four-Year-Old Kindergarten Registration
- Eat at Transfer Pizzeria May 9-23 to benefit Second Hand Purrs
- Holly and Joey Baird of the Wisconsin Vegetable Gardener at the Cudahy Family Library in June
- Vendor Fair and Bake Sale Sunday May 22