The Miss St Francis scholarship pageant, offering over $7,000 in college scholarships, is seeking contestants for its 47th annual event. Interested young women may contact Steve Hecker at 414-545-3015, Dave Goltz at 414-483-8353 or Dane Czeszak at 414-481-0511 to obtain an application, which are due by February 20th. Applications are also available on the Miss St. Francis website: http://missstfrancis.com
There will be a mandatory contestant orientation meeting on Sunday, February 26th at the St. Francis Community center, 3476 E. Howard Avenue, beginning at 1:00 pm. Participants should be prepared to have an individual photo taken following the meeting. Contestants may also reserve their participation by calling Steve, Dave or Diane by FEBRUARY 20th, and bringing their completed application to the orientation meeting. Participation is limited to ten contestants.
To be eligible to compete for the title of Miss St Francis, contestants should live (previous one year), work full time (40 hours per week for the previous one year) or be a full-time student in the cities of St. Francis, Cudahy, South Milwaukee, Oak Creek or in the 53207 zip code area of Milwaukee (Bay View). Candidates must be U.S. Citizen, must not have been a previous Miss St. Francis or held a state title in the Miss America pageant system; be between the ages of 17 and 24 by December 31, 2012 and a high school graduate by June of this year.
There is no entry fee. Contestants are asked to secure $100 in donations to the Miss America national charity – Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals.
Miss St Francis 2011, Tonya Popowski of Cudahy, received a $2,500 scholarship and each Miss St. Francis contestant will receive at least a scholarship.
The 2012 event will be held on Saturday, April 14, 2012 at Saint Thomas More High School.
As a preliminary to the Miss Wisconsin and Miss America programs, Miss St. Francis pageant participants are judged in the following areas of competition: private interview, talent, evening wear, swimsuit and on-stage interview. The winner participates in community events, promotes her personal platform throughout the year, and earns the opportunity to compete for additional scholarships and the title of Miss Wisconsin in June 10-16, 2012. Recently crowned Miss America 2012 Laura Kaeppeler, represented Wisconsin.
- A Right Path Wellness Opens in Bay View with Community Open House May 21 4-8:00
- Bartelt Wins Two Regional Chrysalis Awards
- Liturgical Musicians Honor Sister Mary Jane Wagner
- Wauwatosa Artist Featured at Racine Gallery
- Join the Fight Against Cancer! Register for the Relay For Life of the Southern Eight!
- Governor Walker Invests in Cudahy for Fab Lab Equipment
- Kitten Baby Shower Saturday May 7 at Second Hand Purrs
- South Milwaukee Little League Opening Day
- Sister Edna’s Jewelry Gets Shiny New Look
- R.A. Smith National Named 2016 Top Workplace by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel