MAM After Dark sizzles on Friday, January 20
Salsa dancing, tequila tasting, and live music spice up the night
Milwaukee, Wis. –MAM After Dark heats things up on Friday, January 20 with MAM After Dark: Hot! Hot! Hot!, a program dedicated to all-things-spicy. At this first event of the new year, the Museum will feature a live music, salsa dancing and salsa lessons, and a tequila tasting.
The featured entertainment for the evening includes live music by Cache, salsa dance lessons by Salsabrosa Dance Company, free tequila samples courtesy of Bel Air Cantina, and a chips-and-salsa tasting featuring some of Milwaukee’s best restaurants.
Also at the event, the winners of the “Building a Masterpiece Photo Contest” will be announced and the first place winner will be awarded a Canon SD95 camera. Over nine hundreds photographs were submitted from all across the country. You can view the finalists and “like” your favorite at facebook.com/milwaukeeart.
In addition to the special events for the evening, MAM After Dark includes favorites, like the Photo Booth, DIY Studio, and music courtesy of 88Nine Radio Milwaukee.
MAM After Dark: Hot! Hot! Hot! runs 5 p.m. to midnight on Friday, January 20. Admission is $12 at the door or $6 in advance at mam.org/afterdark. Museum members are free.
ABOUT THE MUSEUM
The Milwaukee Art Museum’s far-reaching holdings include more than 25,000 works spanning antiquity to the present day. With a history dating back to 1888, the Museum houses a collection with strengths in 19th- and 20th-century American and European art, contemporary art, American decorative arts, and folk and self-taught art. The Museum includes the Santiago Calatrava-designed Quadracci Pavilion, named by Time magazine as “Best Design of 2001.” For more information, please visit www.mam.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wixon Adds Patrick Inman, Operations Demand Planning Manager
- South Milwaukee Leo Club Hosts Supply Drive for Wisconsin Humane Society
- Oak Creek Library Children's Craft Program May 2nd
- Bartelt Wins 2015 Chrysalis Award
- Local Author Anna Passanter at the Cudahy Family Library
- Cudahy Historical Society First Open House This Saturday
- Confronting Abuse and Neglect at Summer Camp
- Art Petalers Fair blooms May 9 at Custom Grown Greenhouse
- Aging Well Conference at UW-Parkside
- UWP Theatre Presents: The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee