MAM After Dark sizzles on Friday, January 20
Salsa dancing, tequila tasting, and live music spice up the night
Milwaukee, Wis. –MAM After Dark heats things up on Friday, January 20 with MAM After Dark: Hot! Hot! Hot!, a program dedicated to all-things-spicy. At this first event of the new year, the Museum will feature a live music, salsa dancing and salsa lessons, and a tequila tasting.
The featured entertainment for the evening includes live music by Cache, salsa dance lessons by Salsabrosa Dance Company, free tequila samples courtesy of Bel Air Cantina, and a chips-and-salsa tasting featuring some of Milwaukee’s best restaurants.
Also at the event, the winners of the “Building a Masterpiece Photo Contest” will be announced and the first place winner will be awarded a Canon SD95 camera. Over nine hundreds photographs were submitted from all across the country. You can view the finalists and “like” your favorite at facebook.com/milwaukeeart.
In addition to the special events for the evening, MAM After Dark includes favorites, like the Photo Booth, DIY Studio, and music courtesy of 88Nine Radio Milwaukee.
MAM After Dark: Hot! Hot! Hot! runs 5 p.m. to midnight on Friday, January 20. Admission is $12 at the door or $6 in advance at mam.org/afterdark. Museum members are free.
ABOUT THE MUSEUM
The Milwaukee Art Museum’s far-reaching holdings include more than 25,000 works spanning antiquity to the present day. With a history dating back to 1888, the Museum houses a collection with strengths in 19th- and 20th-century American and European art, contemporary art, American decorative arts, and folk and self-taught art. The Museum includes the Santiago Calatrava-designed Quadracci Pavilion, named by Time magazine as “Best Design of 2001.” For more information, please visit www.mam.org.
- Sister Edna’s Jewelry Gets Shiny New Look
- R.A. Smith National Named 2016 Top Workplace by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
- Go Green, Gold and Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness
- Becky’s Blissful Bakery Enters Partnerships to Create Cutting-Edge Caramel Pairings; First of its Kind in the Caramel Industry
- Mass for Anointing of the Sick
- UW-Parkside Adult Learner Open House April 26
- Spring Estate and Rummage Sale at St. Ann Center
- South Milwaukee Performing Arts Center Announces Summer Youth Theatre Willy Wonka KIDS and Alice in Wonderland, JR.
- Registration for K4 and K5
- St. Francis Historical Society Event