South Milwaukee resident Bonnee Beth Lugauer has been recognized as one of the 2011 Volunteer Sailing Instructors of the Year by the Milwaukee Community Sailing Center. She shares this year's honor with another MCSC instructor Kevin Heider.
The Milwaukee Community Sailing Center, located on the lakefront near Veterans Park, is one of the leading teaching schools in the country. It's mission is to bring beauty of Lake Michigan and the joy of sailing to all citizens. In addition to educational programs for children, teens and adults, MCSC provides hundreds of hours of boat rides for challenged and at risk citizens as well as for the population at large.
Bonnee Beth learned to sail ten years ago as a beginning student in the MCSC Basic Adult Sailing course. "I knew nothing about sailing and now it is my joy." For the past several years she has been a volunteer instructor providing countless hours of both both basic and advanced skill training. According to Holly Davenport, the Director of the Center, Bonnee Beth deserves this award for her consistently high marks on student evaluations, her professionalism, commitment and drive to help students excel.
Bonnee Beth and her husband Gary own South Milwaukee Carpets and Vinyl, since 1975.
To learn more about The Milwaukee Community Sailing Center, visit
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- 50TH SAINT FRANCIS DAYS
- August is “Cataract Awareness Month”: 6 Things you should know about CATARACTS
- Cudahy Lions Brat Fry
- Health Fair Returns to South Milw Downtown Market - Sept 4th
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin to Host 13th Annual Big League Blood Drive
- Wixon Grows in Sales and Service
- HamBingo Charity Event for Bay View
- Oak creek Place Announces Concert in the Courtyard
- Friends of Grant Park 1st Annual Electronic and Aluminum Can Recycling Drive.
- Announcing Darby's Dash!