In conjunction with National Assisted Living Week, which takes place the week of September 11th – 17th, Howard Village senior community, will host a recognition event called "Blessing of the Hands". Blessing of the Hands is a ceremony of anointing the hands of caregivers as a way to show appreciation for the difference that they make and their contributions to the care in the lives of older adults.
With the aging population, research estimates that 23% of U.S. households have at least one person who is providing care in some way for an older adult. All caregivers from the community, volunteers and family members from Howard Village are invited to participate in this event. Chaplain Tim Samorajski from VITAS Innovative Hospice Care will lead the program which will be held on Monday, September 12th at 2:00 p.m. at Howard Village, 2500 E. Howard Avenue in St. Francis. Please RSVP to 414-489-1400 if interested in attending.
Howard Village is a Laureate Group community and offers independent and assisted living apartments. For more information, visit www.laureategroup.com
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Reiman Chapel Opens to the Public
- Cudahy Historical Society Open House This Saturday
- Character Education Recognized in South Milwaukee: South Milwaukee School District Earns State District of Character Award
- Howard Village Hosts Fall Open House
- SUPPORT CUDAHY FARMERS MARKET
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin Announces 14th Annual Big League Blood Drive
- UW-Parkside Faculty and Staff Honored by UW System
- 51st SAINT FRANCIS DAYS
- Free Writing Workshop for Kids
- Cudahy Historical Society Outdoor Band Concert Tuesday